E Break Handle Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
E Break Handle Question

So one of my awesome friends one day decided to pull the e break as far as he could so far so he broke it. And getting him to fix anything is like pulling teeth. I took it apart and 2 peices fell out from inside the handle. How do i fix this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Contributor

never had to deal with that but one way is punching him in the nuts and as far as fixing the e brake i wish i knew more about them but i dont . can ask my uncle though and come back with an answer

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

did it brake at the cable or just the push button??? he said its easy to fix if it broke at the push button. if not you have to replace the cable going to the rear brakes

2010 cobalt SS/TC
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rever3nce View Post
never had to deal with that but one way is punching him in the nuts and as far as fixing the e brake i wish i knew more about them but i dont . can ask my uncle though and come back with an answer

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

did it brake at the cable or just the push button??? he said its easy to fix if it broke at the push button. if not you have to replace the cable going to the rear brakes
I agree I should kick his butt not the first time he has broken something and not fixed it. The E break it self works but when you pull the handle it won't stay up.If you hold the handle up the E break will hold the car. It did not break the cable. The stealership wantss $60 something for the whole handle assembly. I have no idea how to take it apart to put it back to gather. I am not talking to that dude right now and this isn't the only reason.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Initiate

Garage
Okay, well it looks to me like 2 parts have broken. The one with the ring helps hold the plastic cover onto the handle (I broke mine removing the plastic cover one time). As for the other part, it looks like it goes here.

As to how you get that piece back in, im not sure, but you may have to take it apart to get to where it belongs to put it back in.

2008 Chevy Cobalt LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode