Need Some Help with Rims... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Need Some Help with Rims...

I am looking to get some alloys for my winter tires. I bought steelies for this year and personally think they make the car look like sh*t. I know the stock alloy 5 bolt 110mm pattern that came with the car will work. My question is will the 17-18 inch ss rims fit with no problems? Also will the 16 inch Malibu rims listed at the top of the page fit: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Rims, 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Wheels at OriginalWheels.com Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by SummitWhite; 03-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
aluminum is the worst thing to put on your car in the winter. the salt eats away at the bead and it makes little air pockets between the tire and the bead. if you care about a huge investment with your rims. just keep stock steelies on for the winter and put alloy's on in the spring-fall.

if your car is a 5 bolt pattern, then yes the rims will fit.

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
aluminum is the worst thing to put on your car in the winter. the salt eats away at the bead and it makes little air pockets between the tire and the bead. if you care about a huge investment with your rims. just keep stock steelies on for the winter and put alloy's on in the spring-fall.

if your car is a 5 bolt pattern, then yes the rims will fit.
Words of wisdom.

I would do as he suggested.

If u rly hate steelies, they have winter 'mags' ...not as nice as alloys but better than steelies. We have a few models here in Canadian tire stores. You should have lots in the US.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
aluminum is the worst thing to put on your car in the winter. the salt eats away at the bead and it makes little air pockets between the tire and the bead.
I did not know that, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyTaktix View Post
Words of wisdom.

I would do as he suggested.

If u rly hate steelies, they have winter 'mags' ...not as nice as alloys but better than steelies. We have a few models here in Canadian tire stores. You should have lots in the US.
I think I'll buy some hubcaps, maybe that might make them look better. The only problem might be will they screw/bolt on my polished lugnuts or will I need to buy different ones?? I looked into Canadian Tire but they don't make the only rims I liked in the size I needed or I would have bought them over my steelies...

Last edited by SummitWhite; 03-02-2011 at 07:02 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM

Garage
you already have steelies, which should come with the regular lug nuts that have threads for the hubcaps (or should anyways) you will need and receive new lug nuts with the new rims upon ordering. oh and FYI, the pic in my signature is steelies with hubcaps...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
you already have steelies, which should come with the regular lug nuts that have threads for the hubcaps (or should anyways) you will need and receive new lug nuts with the new rims upon ordering. oh and FYI, the pic in my signature is steelies with hubcaps...
I should have worded my post better. My car came with Alloys, I bought steelies and tires for the winter but don't like how they look, but if you say alloy corrodes I think I will just get hubcaps. My lugs are polished so I dont think hubcaps will screw onto them without getting new ones??
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite View Post
I should have worded my post better. My car came with Alloys, I bought steelies and tires for the winter but don't like how they look, but if you say alloy corrodes I think I will just get hubcaps. My lugs are polished so I dont think hubcaps will screw onto them without getting new ones??
true. $5 bucks at a junkard for lugnuts that work with hubcaps.

or free if you have pockets....if you catch my drift

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
true. $5 bucks at a junkard for lugnuts that work with hubcaps.

or free if you have pockets....if you catch my drift
Sure do, thanks for all your help...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

Alloy rims look great... but 17 and 18" rims will be much more vulnerable to potholes than 15s... just saying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode