Pedder Spring Package - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Pedder Spring Package

Hey guys I have a question. I've been looking into lowering my car and after reading about it I think I'm going to get the FE5 Struts/Shocks & Pedder Spring package from CED.

Cobalt FE5 Struts and Shock with Pedder Spring Pkg TCSS - Crate Engine Depot

I know I need to get the steering rack spacers as well but I'm wondering if I need to buy a camber kit like the one on TTR? Also, If anyone has this set I'd love to know how you feel about them and how good the stance really looks since I can't find many pictures of it.

P.S. I'm upgrading to 17" rims so If this makes any difference than I guess that can be taken into account.

**EDIT**
I've got an '08 LS...I just thought that would be something I should have mentioned lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Honestly, you probably don't need spacers. I have SSCs with a greater drop, and haven't found a need for them.

FE5 struts and shocks are amazing, and the Pedders springs are the best you can buy (mine are second best, haha).

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Forum God

Hey Evan!

My name is also Evan!! First off, welcome to the site! I have FE-5 shocks/struts with B&G springs. You'll be really happy with the Fe-5 shocks/struts with pedders. Pretty much the closest thing you'll get to coilovers. You will see a big improvement in handling. The pedders won't lower your car too much though, but I'm not sure how low you would like to go. Good choice though...go for it!!!

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Hey guys thanks for the responses!

I was going to put a lip kit on my car and lower it but since I live in Pennsylvania, where it's an uphill battle in both directions on sh*tty roads, there's no way I can live with myself if my car scrapes. So, I decided I just want to lower my car enough to eliminate that horrible wheel gap our cars have...

In your opinions, do you think the Pedder springs will do the job by giving it a clean, lowered look without the need to worry about road rash? Or should I go a different route?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Forum God

Trust me...I'm on pretty much the lowest springs you can buy, and the roads here are probably the WORST in North America...no joke. With pedders you definitely should not scrape. However, you will still have a little bit of wheel gap with these springs from what I've heard, but it will be much better than stock. I think the performance will outweigh the bit of wheel gap you may have left.

BboyTaktix
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Just wondering, do you scrape on yours at all?

And do you think the wheel gap would still look kinda sh*tty with the pedders since they don't drop the car that much?

Sorry for the questions but I would hate to buy something and not be happy with it, I'd rather make a well informed purchase haha
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
With 215/45/17

With 245/40/18

I don't think you should worry about rack spacers with the pedders.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Wow thanks for those pics Dropped that really helps alot but what about a camber kit would that be necessary? I have 17" Konig Unknowns going on in a few weeks to I want to be 100% ready lol
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Just wondering, do you scrape on yours at all?

And do you think the wheel gap would still look kinda sh*tty with the pedders since they don't drop the car that much?

Sorry for the questions but I would hate to buy something and not be happy with it, I'd rather make a well informed purchase haha
Hey,
I rly think you'll be happy with the pedders. Should look good with your mags. And yes, I do scrape VERY rarely. Only on stupidly designed speedbumps (most of them are fine) and my aunt's driveway, since it's slanted AND dips down at the beginning lol. You should not scrape, especially since the US roads aren't nearly as bad as Montreal roads, no matter where u are in the US.

BboyTaktix
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Weather's warming up that means they're going to be installing the speed bumps around the parking lot at work again lol I really hate those things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode