Sachs or Ac Delco Struts - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Sachs or AcDelco Struts

Planing on doing a full strut assembly replacement. I was thinking about using these struts asemblies from RockAuto.com AC DELCO Premium Gas Charged Assembly 903037RS More Information for ACDELCO 903037RS & 903036RS More Information for ACDELCO 903036RS. Or these struts Sachs 030323 More Information for SACHS 030323 & 030324 More Information for SACHS 030324 from RockAuto.com and buying the springs, mounts and bushings seperately. What do you guys think?

Last edited by AZBY; 09-08-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Acdelco

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

@BankerBalt, I believe acdelco make the oem struts. Do you think sachs is not a good quality strut maker?
By the way, the reason I am even thinking about getting readystruts is because the existing passenger spring might be damaged since the strut is bent.

Last edited by AZBY; 09-08-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:08 AM

Garage
I haven't had amy problems other than normal wear. Yes they make oem. I would rather go with the brand I know will perform

Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

@BankerBalt, do you know if the AcDelco coil springs that are included in these readystrut strut assemblies,
AC DELCO Premium Gas Charged Assembly 903037RS More Information for ACDELCO 903037RS & 903036RS More Information for ACDELCO 903036RS
are close to oem quality?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Garage
They do not come with springs. Just put your current ones on. Ac delco are stock, so they are just oem replacement

Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Thanks for your feedback. I will probably go with the AcDelco ready strut, because I will get all the pieces together already and because I think a coil spring may be deformed in some way because the strut is bent. This way if the coil spring is deformed, I wont have to even worry about it, because I replaced it .

Last edited by AZBY; 09-08-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Garage
Wait a sec. Yes those should come with everything you need. Didnt see price or pic, but those are fully assembled

Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

I found the AcDelco ready struts at Amazon.com cheaper than RockAuto.com. By about $10 bucks each and they should arrive on wednesday.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

I put the ACDelco ReadyStruts on my car a few days ago, they were making all kinds of noise.
The main problem was that both of the assemblies had loose springs, but one had a really loose spring that creaked all the time.
I took the ReadyStruts off my car today and took them apart and noticed they were not assembled the same.
The plastic strut mount bearings were facing in different directions, and were not the regular white disk kind. They are half black and half white with indentions on both sides not flat like the OEM ones.
I had to take apart the ReadyStruts to replace ACDelco's crappy coil springs with the OEM ones. Their crappy coil springs tore through the plastic coil spring seat where the end of the coil spring met it. I think it was because the springs were so loose and because there ends were sharp. The strut mount bearing assembly was catching the metal when turning, causing thump thump sound. Long story short, I took apart the old struts and the new ReadyStruts. Then, I put on the old plastic coil spring seat, old coil spring, new ReadyStut premium gas shock, ReadyStrut strut mount plastic bearing (even though the plastic was worn some, both were worn differently because they were oriented differently, for the catching on the metal when turning) and strut mount. Now the front end feels pretty good. I would recommend using the OEM coil springs, unless it is known to be cracked or sagging or otherwise bad when changing your struts. If you want take my ACDelco ReadyStrut problems with a grain of salt, but I would never purchase these ever ever ever again.

Last edited by AZBY; 09-16-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
best struts , front shocks , fronts struts , oem struts , struts