Wheel Covers/Wheel Weights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Wheel Covers/Wheel Weights

Hey guys, I just ordered some wheel covers, cuz I wasn't quite ready to fork out the cash for new wheels right now. After ordering, I happened to think about the wheel weights on the car, and that it would probably be an issue. How big of a deal would it be to take off the weights, and drive without them? Or is there an alternative solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
You mean the balance weights? It's funny because all mine fell off and I have no issue with vibration or anything. My steelies are even dented a bit here and there so they're by no means perfectly balanced. As for wheel weight, last I checked my 15'' steelies weighed 19 lbs each, 17 for the tires. Still, better you have them (in the right spot) than not I suppose, shouldn't be an issue with wheel covers anyways.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yes, the wheel balance weights. Thanks for the reply. I figure I will have to take them off to apply the covers. If possible, I guess I can try to re-apply the weights in the same positions. Just not sure how big of a deal that is. Ha

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
You mean the balance weights? It's funny because all mine fell off and I have no issue with vibration or anything. My steelies are even dented a bit here and there so they're by no means perfectly balanced. As for wheel weight, last I checked my 15'' steelies weighed 19 lbs each, 17 for the tires. Still, better you have them (in the right spot) than not I suppose, shouldn't be an issue with wheel covers anyways.
Weights will affect tire wear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
wheel covers , wheel weights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode