Word of Warning to Those Looking to Purchase KSPORT Products from JM AUTO - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Word of Warning to Those Looking to Purchase KSPORT Products from JM AUTO

I feel its important to spread the word about this in case people are considering buying these springs as advertised as a "great deal". I was sucked into the hype by JM auto which is a sponsored store over on CSS which was advertising the sale of D2 springs and shipping Ksport springs instead as a "substitute".

Ordered the springs back on the 13th of september and received a call from JM auto that they were unable to get the springs and that they wanted my permission to send a set of KSPORT springs which were "made by the same oem as D2". I was assured that these springs were of exactly the same quality and would work great for my car. Received them about a week later after some communication about the delays of their drop shipment from ksport, and installed them promptly that weekend only to find out just how horrific these springs actually were.

I knew something was up when I went to install them because the front springs were about an inch taller then my stock SS/NA springs, but I did not expect the results to be this ridiculous. The car was sagging in the back about an inch or more lower then the front, making the car feel like it was pointing towards the sky. Highway driving was horrendous, the car was consistently slamming the bump stops going over bumps and above 70mph the car felt like it was achieving lift like an airplane with the angle it was sitting on.

I immediately contacted Ksport about the issue if there was something I should have done, like cut the bump stops since there was no instructions included, and no part numbers indicated on the springs themselves. This is the exact message I received back from Ksport customer service.

I am not familiar with the cobalt springs however I can say from the pictures you sent the car looks to be on an unlevel surface but looks equally lower front to back and does not appear to be raised in the front from your picture. Did you take a height level measurement from ground to center of fender well opening before and after?

Eric
Account Manager
Ksport USA - Performance Coilovers, Air Suspension and Brake Systems
[email protected]
Phone: 480-829-8100
Fax: 480-829-8103
Like us on Facebook for exclusive content!

Now in case your wondering about the installation, all of the springs were installed with brand new shocks/struts, mounting hardware/bearings, etc.

Your probably thinking that the rear springs are upside down, well unfortunately they are not, small end of the spring is on the top in these pictures of the rear, and if you flip them upside down when the weight of the car is on them, they will bow out and try to leave their perches.

At this point I contacted JM Auto about receiving an exchange or refund on the springs, I wanted to work this out as amicably as possible as clearly there was something not right, and the car was dangerous to drive. I figure its possible they mixed the springs up in boxing and I have the wrong front springs and the correct rear springs. I went back and forth with the customer service for over a week, they claimed that they would be unable to accept a return on the springs unless ksport authorized it because I had already installed them. I provided all pictures they requested of the installation and springs and ride height, only to wind up having to file a charge back last week to get my money back. As they now refuse to even acknowledge my emails regarding the issue.

I went ahead half way through this and ordered a set of canuck motorsport springs, otherwise known as CM, because the ksports were losing spring rate so bad the car was continuing to drop in the rear, finally when I removed the springs and installed the CM springs, the ksports never even returned to their original height upon removal.

Im also much much happier with the ride quality and the stance now, CM springs are perfect, the ride is great, they handle great, and they lower the car just perfect enough for our terrible jersey roads.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Ive had nothing but trouble with JM as well, ordered d2 coilovers for a cobalt they sent me ones for a cadillac.. haha

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Those rear springs are definitely no good from start. And tell me how the hell you are suppose to try the springs without putting them on the car. That just doesn't make sense that they won't accept a return if you installed them. WOW hope they fail soon. You only succeed if your customers come back.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I sent in all the paperwork for the chargeback to capital one today, along with pictures and receipts and all of the correspondence we have had. Hoping for a positive outcome. Found an additional 25.00 charge on my statement out of no where from JM auto today, seems they raised the initial purchase price of the springs from 134.94 to 159.94 without telling me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
You should contact Ksport directly too. I have had no problems with any ksport springs. However I heard bad things about JM.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Actually ive been in communication with ksport at the beginning and at the end of this, two different reps, eric and dustin. Eric claimed that my driveway was uneven that was causing the measurement difference, and dustin claimed that it was installation error. Both refused to help.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yikes, thank God those didn't cause you to wreck, they just looks dangerous. Give 'em hell son.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
Wow! I've never had a problem with Ksport, and I'm a little disappointed in how they are resolving (or lack there of) this situation. Not cool at all.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveecius View Post
Wow! I've never had a problem with Ksport, and I'm a little disappointed in how they are resolving (or lack there of) this situation. Not cool at all.
I know im kinda surprised to, to be honest i had always heard relatively good things from ksport from the honda community which i was a part of for many years. I wanted to work this out amicably with JM auto, i even offered to return these for a store credit and still purchase another set from them, preferably H&R springs if possible, and I would apply the store credit to the more expensive springs, but they decided to give me the run around instead. The guy joe from JM kept insisting that he was not getting a response back from ksport about the issue for days, and I kept thinking to myself...don't they have a phone #? They do, he just never bothered to call, it was all email communication through their customer support email. They tried throwing the "professional installer only" excuse in my face too, sadly, im not going to trust my car to pepboys, seeing as how I know the kids that just graduated high school that work there. LOL
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Gawd of Thunda!

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Id be calling the better business bureau

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version