More to Improve? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

More to Improve?

Hey fellas, trying to see what else I can use to improve my handling for this car?

I have the Powell hardcore rear bar , wide tires, fe5 shocks and struts and lower springs.

I'm about to but moog endlinks in a second to add to the list in what I have installed soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Veteran

Garage
Control arms.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni

Would that improve it for me, tighten up some control play?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:00 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

I did LSJ FE5 control arms as well as all Powell CABs in them. They should completely eliminate wheel hop. I also am on YYZ springs and Koni shocks/struts but I doubt you'll go that far. Lastly I also have the Powell twistbeam bushings, although for the price I'm not sure those are worth it for you. A set of dedicated sticky summer tires/wheels and winter tires/wheels goes a long way. I also have a Powell XXX rear swaybar but I'm sure that's out of the question for you.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.

Last edited by andrewcarr1993; 03-02-2014 at 12:03 AM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni

Guy on ss group recommend a set of fe3 control arms with fe5 ball joints and bushing

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

How much are powell cabs?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:39 AM

For both sets, more than you want to spend. Also FE3 and FE5 control arms are the same thing except FE3 ones were only the same as the LSJ FE5 control arms and the FE5 LNF control arms only fit the LNF where as the others fit every cobalt.

But to answer your question it's $448 for both sets ($199 for the trailing CAB's and $249 for the leading CAB's. You'd also need to actually buy FE5 control arms which you can get used for about $160 shipped, exact price Mongo was asking on CSS, he also posts to Facebook, name is Jeff and is constantly posting parts. FE5 control arms and the new Moog training bushings would be almost as good.

YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni

Hmm il keep the fe5 arms in mind and cabs from powell

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Any idea on moog control arm bushings?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 01:02 AM

You have to get the new ones, money man had a thread on them a few days ago. I believe you can get them for only about $50 shipped in the US.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni

Yea i found a set on the moog bushings I'm just getting an option on em..

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Ok so let me get this clear ok so fe5 control arms and moog control arm bushings? And other parts toward the control arms that i need? Would it still be a improvement if i got the moog bushings instead of the 500$ powell bushings or should I just save for them?
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 01:17 AM

The Moog ones aren't as good but are they worth it for being 1/4th the price, absolutely. They are still fully metal bushings just they are going to allow more movement than Powell's. Wait until someone has installed and written a review on them before you make a final decision though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread