Im Thinking of Buying Megan Racing Coilovers - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Exclamation Im Thinking of Buying Megan Racing Coilovers

Okay so im getting my tax returns soon and i was thinking of getting coilovers instead of a whole new suspensión and was wondering if the Megan racing coilovers were any good? I seen good reviews of the street coilovers which are like $850 but I cant find any for the Megan racing ez coilovers there like about $600 i think and was wondering if they were any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Spend the extra money and get good coilovers

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Do you plan on going racing or just want low?

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Expert

Two of the local guys here in my area, are running Megan Coils, one has easy streets, and the other has the street series, both of them like the set up... If you check ebay you'll find both. I don't know what cobalt you have, if its the 2.2, 2.4, SS/SC or SS/TC. Knowing a little more about your and your plans for it will help us to help you.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3_v1p3r View Post
Two of the local guys here in my area, are running Megan Coils, one has easy streets, and the other has the street series, both of them like the set up... If you check ebay you'll find both. I don't know what cobalt you have, if its the 2.2, 2.4, SS/SC or SS/TC. Knowing a little more about your and your plans for it will help us to help you.
Its a 2.2lt and i heard good stuff about them but mostly from honda owners lol and Idk id like to hear it from other ppl who have them on ther cobalts

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Do you plan on going racing or just want low?
A little bit of both
Lol
Mainly racing
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Expert

Megan coilovers would to be a step up from the 2.2 struts and springs, there is no denying that. I have an LS, and the way it handles is just sickening compared to the the way my SS handles. Also you have to remember that there is more to handling then just struts and springs. There are lot of things that go into making the 2.2's handle well.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Megan coilovers would to be a step up from the 2.2 struts and springs, there is no denying that. I have an LS, and the way it handles is just sickening compared to the the way my SS handles. Also you have to remember that there is more to handling then just struts and springs. There are lot of things that go into making the 2.2's handle well.
What do u mean?
Your saying its a bad idea to pit Megan coilovers on an 06 Lt?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Oh never mind i just re read your post lol
So i guess coilovers would be best then buting a new suspensión
And i want coilovers to so i CaN adjust the height
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Expert

Not at all, the megan coilovers will defiantly help your handling. I'm just saying there are other things that go into it, like the swaybar, swaybar endlinks, control arms, and such. Your suspension will only be as good as its weakest link.

If you want low the Stance coilovers are going to get you the lowest from what I've seen personally. As far as handling, I liked how the stance coilovers felt in my buddies car. They are a bit pricey though. I haven't really heard anyone complain about how the cars handled after installing any coilovers.

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Not at all, the megan coilovers will defiantly help your handling. I'm just saying there are other things that go into it, like the swaybar, swaybar endlinks, control arms, and such. Your suspension will only be as good as its weakest link.

If you want low the Stance coilovers are going to get you the lowest from what I've seen personally. As far as handling, I liked how the stance coilovers felt in my buddies car. They are a bit pricey though. I haven't really heard anyone complain about how the cars handled after installing any coilovers.
Okay but as for now if i go with coilovers i wont have a problem with the suspensión?
Im not going to low cus i dont wanna scrape i just dont wanna see to much of the wheel Gap lol
And for the sway bar, swaybar endlinks how much would that cost?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I always thought that the sway bars was only for looks
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by george805 View Post
Okay but as for now if i go with coilovers i wont have a problem with the suspensión?
Im not going to low cus i dont wanna scrape i just dont wanna see to much of the wheel Gap lol
And for the sway bar, swaybar endlinks how much would that cost?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I always thought that the sway bars was only for looks
The strut tower bar is more just for looks, on our cars anyway. The sway bar is underside of the car you never really see it unless you flip the car or your on a lift. You can get a FE5 sway bar from an SS/TC part out pretty cheap, or other manufactures like powell. You can get moog sway bar endlinks from Rockauto, ebay, or even your local parts store, just make sure they are endlinks for the FE5 (SS) suspension.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sus...rade-list.html

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sus...aq-advice.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode