FE5 05-07 or 08+ Control Arms ? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

FE5 05-07 or 08+ Control Arms ?

Went in for a 10$ inspection at firestone for kicks and because of a vibration and uneven tire wear.. Guys are saying that the shocks and struts are bad(no big deal, already replacing those) and that the front passenger balljoint is worn. Qouted me around 2 grand to fix all that(It was hard to not laugh..ofcourse I rejected the work)

Anyways..

I figured since I'm doing a suspension overhaul and the ball joint is bad...might as well replace the control arms.

So which should I get, I believe the 05-07 fit without any changes/bolt on..while the 08+ I believe I would need to change the knuckle...if so how hard is that to do?, Is it recommended.

Lastly do those control arms come with a ball joint packed? and I assume I need to get bushing.

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Look for a set of used FE5 control arms, drop the $200 on Powell's trailing bushings and you'll love them.

For example, a quick search on ebay, there are some from the LNF for cheaper, although I wouldn't recommend it.
06 07 Chevrolet Cobalt Passenger Right Front Lower Control Arm FE5 IC 1461 | eBay
06 07 Chevrolet HHR Cobalt Passenger Right Front Lower Control Arm 8679 | eBay
06 07 Chevrolet Cobalt Driver Left Front Control Arm FE5 SS 16971 Morad Parts | eBay

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.

Last edited by andrewcarr1993; 09-16-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode