Coilover Install Questions - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Coilover Install Questions

So I got d2racing coilovers and installed them but I don't think I have them installed right. The sway bar rattles like crazy. How far up should the end link adaptor be on the strut? I have it up so it's even with the end link when jacked up. By doing thathis I may have preloaded the springs. Should I put the adaptor up as high as it can go with no preload on the spring? Also on the rear should the perch be on top of the spring or the bottom. Search but didn't find info I could understand. Lol oh and it's a 2007 lsj

2007 SS/SC Lazer Blue Metallic. 2.90" pulley, 42# Injectors, K&N Typhoon Intake, Badmab Header, ZZP 3"dp, HPTuned, and Tsudo Muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
I had the k sport which is the same company as D2. As for the rear I think the spring Pearch goes on top of I remember correctly, I called them but forgot what they said. I had mine on bottom and it was fine. Did you get new shorter endlinks or are you using the stock ones. I had my coils almost all the way down so I didn't have much room to move the little swivel thing they connect to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

I.got new endlinks but same size as stock

2007 SS/SC Lazer Blue Metallic. 2.90" pulley, 42# Injectors, K&N Typhoon Intake, Badmab Header, ZZP 3"dp, HPTuned, and Tsudo Muffler.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Newcomer

I've installed a handful of rotors on light duty race cars and regular cars over the years, ranging from hi-performance slotted to cheapo budget no-name rotors. I'm no pro mechanic, just an avid auto-crosser and DIY'er, but I think these are the best bang for the buck. If anything, avoid the no-name stuff or serious budget stuff. They rust like crazy, and do not have a consistent enough run-out which may lead to brake judder. These come from a respected company and for their Black XD for long lasting corrosion protection Cross Drilled Rotors kit paired with kevlar or carbon brake pads is definitely the way to go for your Chevrolet Aveo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode