SS/SC Caliper Transfer to LT? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

SS/SC Caliper Transfer to LT?

Will the 2006 SS/SC front calipers be a direct bolt on to a 2006 LT? This winter I am converting my balt from a 4 lug to a 5 lug by pulling the hubs off my friends wrecked SS/SC and I would like to be able to swap out most of the suspension and brake components. Which parts will be a direct bolt on and which ones will require modification?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 05:25 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

You need the brake hoses as well but otherwise they will bolt right on. To switch the rears you need the entire rear beam, as well as his ebrake cables.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Did any 5 lug cobalts have drum brakes in the back?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Mine does, still haven't replaced them (I do want to though)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Because the rear brakes do very little of the actual braking im not sure if it is in my best interest to do a full 4 wheel disk brake conversion. This may be a stupid questions but did the SS/SC come with Brembos in the front? if not will the Brembos off a SS/TC bolt on?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 06:49 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

The Brembo's will bolt on but you have to install a spacer behind the wheel bearing to properly center the rotor between the caliper, go to CED and you'll see a full list of everything you have to get to do it right. The kit ZZP sells would need bigger wheels but is cheaper, although comes with lower quality pads and rotors. The SS/TC came with Brembo's in the front. I converted mine to 5 lug and bought 5 lug drums for the back as you're thinking, that worked fine. Front is Brembo's and I couldn't be happier.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode