Best Rear Sway Bar for Street. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Best Rear Sway Bar for Street.

I tried search but couldn't find anything. My Cobalt has no rear sway bar and has too much body roll. I'm looking for a good street friendly rear sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:37 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

Garage
Get one from Powell Powell Race Parts.com

I bought the Hardcore Bar. Really easy to install.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
You could also swap the springs for SS springs in the rear. Made a big difference on my LT

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 06:43 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Powell's swaybars are undoubtedly the best, I've driven a winter with his XXX (1.5'') and a summer with a hardcore (1.25''), only issue I ever had was it is the first thing to drag in snow so more likely to get stuck and on occasion if you clear chunks of ice and snow in the front only for it to hit the swaybar instead. Not that it ever caused any damage, it looked new and was from one of the first batch of swaybars made. I highly recommend a set of aftermarket springs and shocks/struts if you want to go all out, but you need a nice set of wheels and tires or you won't have the grip to come close to what the suspension can do.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Powell Hardcore bar FTW. Definitely goes best with springs/struts/shocks - and a grippy set of tires. And as mentioned above: it definitely helped a lot when I still had the 15s and all seasons - but as soon as I got my 18's with the sticky-as-all-hell Direzza ZIIs, then the full benefit of the swaybar could be enjoyed (the front end had enough stick not to slide before the rear could).

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I agree with all of the above.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:39 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

I'll second the suspension being more fun even on the 15's but having a much better set of wheels and tires makes it even better.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode