Alignment After Strut Install - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Alignment After Strut Install

I read a thread about the springs, but it was closed. I bought mine at rock auto, put them on, broke a stud, replaced that from the old strut and then aligned it. My problem is that I think I premature aligned my car because now the steering wheel is off a little bit when I drive, not by much. The only thing I adjusted was the toe, should I have waited and is the toe whats causing the off center steering?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 04:50 AM
Forum Regular

When I upgraded to FE5's I also slightly screwed up my alignment, so I'm not really sure your pre-alignment is the cause of it.
I'm not sure what it could be, I am trying to figure that out for myself as well.

2006 Cobalt LT Stealth Grey Metallic Coupe.
The current mods: ZZP shorty header, Mugen Twin Loop Muffler, American Eagle 17x7s, Nightshade Tinted Tail Lights, Custom Spec-D Headlights, SS 0-140mph Gauge cluster, Custom Made Cold Air Intake, Carbon Fiber wrapped badges, FE5 Struts/Shocks, CM/SSC Springs, SS Shift Knob, SS front bumper, SS Pioneer Sound System, Pioneer GM-A3602 Amplifier, Painted Calipers, MPX Shorty Antenna.

1969 Triumph GT6+ MK2 (350 V8 project car)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

that's not what I wanted to hear lol, but good to know that I'm not the only one. I have this odd feeling my steering wheel moved while doing it.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
yeah you have to move both tie rods the same way just a little to get your steering wheel straight. You might be able to just disconnect the intermediate shaft and skip it over a spline to fix it also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode