Car 'still' Pulls to Left - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Car 'still' Pulls to Left

Did do a search and found some ideas but am hoping for some more 411.

New tires and rotation the car still pulls to the left. 2 alignments with small adjustments and still pulls to the left. It's not torque steer because It's noticeable on the freeway when cruising. Even at 70mph with c/c. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular

Haha, honestly mine pulls left too. I probably do need a very slight alignment, but I know its not all alignment. If its very slight like mine, i wouldn't worry too much. As long as the tires are wearing properly then you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
"Ask not what my monster truck can do for you, ask instead what you can do for my monster truck."

-JFK
Quote:
And on this day the good Lord said, 'Let the big wheeled vehicle pass on into Heaven.'
Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flair in your monster trucking.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Probably a stupid question, but are the tires properly inflated?

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
What about the rotor color. Is one darker than the other (where the pads contact)? If you turn, how easily does your wheels return to straight?

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveecius View Post
What about the rotor color. Is one darker than the other (where the pads contact)? If you turn, how easily does your wheels return to straight?
im thinking the same, if im right in assuming lol, it might be a stuck caliper. its very rare and usually youll notice but it can happen.

The Land Shark is coming for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
His iron was too hot and to big.
Bone stock 2006 Cobalt LS Laser Blue

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ml#post1340434
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Come to think about it, I had a similar problem. Right front caliper would sometimes stick and the car would pull right and decelerate quicker when off the throttle. Pumping the brakes would loosen it up. Check the slider pins and lube them up if necessary.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 03:34 AM
Staff Alumni

After a drive feel your wheel. They should be equally hot. Whichever is hottest, pull the whelk off and take off the caliper. Now try pushing in the piston. I just use a huge pair of pliers

Sent from the sexy electrician

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 04:03 AM
Forum Regular

Has the car been wrecked in the past? My cobalt when aligned to spec pulls to the left but if the caster on drivers side is + some it doesn't

99 zr2 solid axle swap in progress
2006 Chevy Cobalt work car 282k and counting
2007 g6 gt family car
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Probably a stupid question, but are the tires properly inflated?
Not a stupid question at all but my tires are always properly inflated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveecius View Post
The rotors seem to be the same color. The wheel returns pretty easy. Lets .just say that my car can do a normal safe lane change.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Come to think about it, I had a similar problem. Right front caliper would sometimes stick and the car would pull right and decelerate quicker when off the throttle. Pumping the brakes would loosen it up. Check the slider pins and lube them up if necessary.
I think I'll lube the slide pins just in case.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry06 View Post
Has the car been wrecked in the past? My cobalt when aligned to spec pulls to the left but if the caster on drivers side is + some it doesn't
No record on a wreck but they're not always reported. I'm the 3rd owner. First it was a rental then 2 private owners after that then me.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
After a drive feel your wheel. They should be equally hot. Whichever is hottest, pull the whelk off and take off the caliper. Now try pushing in the piston. I just use a huge pair of pliers

Sent from the sexy electrician
good idea. I'll try that later on today.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Prospect

Have you tried rotating front tires side-to-side to see if it may be a radial pull from tires? Otherwise, triple check your steering wheel and make sure all measurements are accurate.

Went through a similar issue with mine pulling right, after 3 alignments and tweaking the front end, I found out with my steering wheel dead straight the emblem was a smudge crooked which was the cause all along of my car pulling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode