Anybody Used Primechoice Strut Assemblies? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Anybody Used Primechoice Strut Assemblies?

I ran and search on here and nothing hit, but I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them.

They are very inexpensive for a pair which is making wonder if they are any good. I can 2 of them delivered to my door for less than one Moog.

Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Oh yeah I put those on my 08, It only took me 30 minutes for both sides and they work great, maybe I was lucky but for the price I love it. Been on the car for 9 months no problem. Also bought LCAs, rotors, pads, tie rods and a bunch of stuff from them at the same time including wheel bearing and wipers and all worked out fine so go for it I was satisfied to the gill.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Expert

Garage
Are you using it as a repair/replacement, or are you lowering your car?

As a repair/replacement, they'll probably be okay, but if you're going to use lowering springs, it would be worth it to buy the ACDelco SS/TC FE5 struts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Based on your advice Colby I ordered the struts from PrimeChoice and will be putting them in today. Unfortunately due to the snow storm here last weekend I can't get in to get in aligned for a day or two... Called the 4 shops with alignment machines and they are too busy putting on winter tires this morning LOL.

Just replacing worn struts.... Car has 254,000 MILES on it but an 09 with a fairly good body. So just trying to get another year out of it without spending anymore than necessary on it.

As mentioned above I installed them today. Took less than 20 minutes a side, the awesomeness of having access to a lift and air tools. If they last for 30,000 miles I will be laughing money wise.

Last edited by Canuck2fan; 11-23-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode