Do I Need Cam Bolts?? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Do I Need Cam Bolts??

Stock 2009 Cobalt
So my Cobalt has been pulling to the left but yet camber, caster, toe are all within specs. The alignment tech said thou the front end is within specs the tires both have a negative camber. The tech said there's no camber adjustment so in order to zero out the alignment and have the car drive as straight as possible is to install 2 cam bolts (one on each front wheel area) to adjust camber.
So my question is: Is the tech right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Contributor

When Les Schwab did my alignment, they couldn't do the camber either. But they were able to loosen the 2 strut bolts down below and retighten them and it slipped itself more into spec. Cam bolts probably will help though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Expert

the answer to this is kinda difficult. From the factory your alignment should be right on since there are no camber bolts from the factory, technically no you should not need camber bolts. I've been lowered for years and have not had camber issues. The shop should be able to get you with in spec without them. SO if you are not lowered and stilll factory they should be able to do it without, if they can not there maybe something else that is worn causing the issue.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thanks all for the replies.
Oh ya, the tech also said that the cradle the holds the suspension had shifted about an 8th of an inch which is what may have caused the alignment to be off a bit. Also something about the suspension sagging from normal ware and tare. The car does have 166,xxx miles. That's all new to me. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode