More tire to fill the wheel wells - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

More tire to fill the wheel wells

I was wondering, the ss models have much larger wheel/tire packages on them. If I but on a larger diamater tire can I have the GM dealership "reflash" my car in order to get the correct spedometer reading... and maybe get rid of that damn speed limiter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Expert

The anwser is yes to the reflash and no to the speed limiter https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sus...res-my-lt.html

Make sure you perform a search before you post a new thread. I'll leave this thread open just for those who may be able to prove me wrong on the "speed limiter" issue.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

thanks, I saw the post, but it said wider tires and did not think it would include information about that... guess I was wrong, but on the speed limiter note, a long time ago when I was on this forum, and somehow all my posts are deleted, along with many stickys/tutorials (tinted tail lights) something must have happened to the servers? anyways
there was a discussion I remember about reflashing for a bigger tire, and getting the speed limiter to the tire size of an SS and the new speed limiter would b e that of the SS?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Expert

data base crashed.

maven (a certified GM tech) say's that you can get something (I can remember exactly what he said) reset or re-calculated for the bigger tires. Got to the link and check it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode