Lovin' My B&G Springs! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Lovin' My B&G Springs!

BEFORE and AFTER.

When I first got her from my grandmother.

Completely Stock.

So glad I listened on the Cobalt forums. Thanks guys/gals! these the the best lowering springs love the drop nothing too crazy my ride looks so much better and saved me tons without needing coilovers so worth the wait and money!

Sunburst Orange 2006 LS Cobalt 2.2L Halo Projector LED lights Exterior/Interior, Xentec (HID kit / 8000K ), Smoked lights, Decals, K&N 69-4515TS Typhoon cold air intake system, 2.2L DOHC Tsudo N1 catback exhaust, Blacked out badges, 35% Window tint, 2" B&G Lowering Springs, DC Strut Bar, Rear Tow Hook, Painted Calipers/ Wheel drum, OBX Header, Areospeed Orange Lugnuts, Black Maxxim Air Rims, Sony CDXGT565UP Car Stereo Receiver with USB Input and Pandora Control
A lot still in progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
that looks really good it's amazing how much better cobalts look lowered I cant wait till I can get some lowering springs for mine i'm so tempted to cut the springs till I can get some but I know it's not a good idea
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
that looks really good it's amazing how much better cobalts look lowered I cant wait till I can get some lowering springs for mine i'm so tempted to cut the springs till I can get some but I know it's not a good idea
Thanks! Yes, I agree it's funny how having a car lower to the ground makes it looks so much better. The stock ride height for the LS is way too high and unnecessary. I know it's tempting but it's not wise to cut them you'll have troubles in the end. Just be patient and get yourself coilovers if you have the cash or get B&G's!

Sunburst Orange 2006 LS Cobalt 2.2L Halo Projector LED lights Exterior/Interior, Xentec (HID kit / 8000K ), Smoked lights, Decals, K&N 69-4515TS Typhoon cold air intake system, 2.2L DOHC Tsudo N1 catback exhaust, Blacked out badges, 35% Window tint, 2" B&G Lowering Springs, DC Strut Bar, Rear Tow Hook, Painted Calipers/ Wheel drum, OBX Header, Areospeed Orange Lugnuts, Black Maxxim Air Rims, Sony CDXGT565UP Car Stereo Receiver with USB Input and Pandora Control

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
It really is tempting to cut them because its probably going to be a year or more before I can go back to work I'm hoping I can find some used springs cheap but I've come to the conclusion used ones don't exist your car is the same exact car as mine but yours definitely looks way better
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Your grandmother must've been a pretty funky lady to drive a two-door lol. I'd tone down on the window stickers if I were you tbh.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
It really is tempting to cut them because its probably going to be a year or more before I can go back to work I'm hoping I can find some used springs cheap but I've come to the conclusion used ones don't exist your car is the same exact car as mine but yours definitely looks way better
I can relate to you on that, I did have Meegan racing springs on before. I got them for $50 at a scrap yard they weren't pretty but they did make my cobalt lower at least. Check on craiglist or local areas for used lowering springs. Nice gotta love the metallic orange your car will be looking good just in the matter of time.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Your grandmother must've been a pretty funky lady to drive a two-door lol. I'd tone down on the window stickers if I were you tbh.
Haha would of been even better if she got the SS or SC Yeah it was cheapist for her but she kinda got scammed since it was used and been in wrecks without her knowing. That's why the bumper's aren't the exact color from the body. I'm not adding decals to back end it's completely clean. I just wanted the backsides covered haha. I got a few more I want to apply then am done.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
you wouldn't by any chance still have those springs ? they would be great for me now till I'm back on my feet
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
you wouldn't by any chance still have those springs ? they would be great for me now till I'm back on my feet
I still do have them they're in my shed with the other stock parts from my balt.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Forum Regular

you have a tsudo exhaust...just wondering how good it sounds and if it worth it because im stuck between the 2.5 inch catback from zzp and the tsudo catback and also how high was your ls originally? Because i have an LT and that looks nice i can buy it but i dont want my ride lower than your after picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode