Good Lowering Springs for 2010 Cobalt LT? - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjules8949 View Post
Low enough where i dont see so much wheel gap but still good handling as stock maybe better if possible

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

How low did it drop your car? and i was currently looking at Eibach Pro-kit Lowering springs because they drop to about 1.6 in the front and 1.8 in the back i dont think i want more than that either because one guy told me i dont really need to change my shocks unless it goes lower than 2 inches which i dont have money for replacing one at the moment if it gets blown
IDK what that guy's talking about, but it's definitely worth it to replace the struts and shocks. I got mine here:
Driver Side Strut
Passenger Side Strut
Rear Shocks (Need 2)

Anyway, for the drop, here's a few pictures with my CM springs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I really like your car stands and all except that fart can. Just my opinion now, but that looks really out of place. Again just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Struts and shocks don't affect height but they sure help in handling. On my 2010 I replaced the shocks and springs with FE5, on the highway this mod is the best, in town with rougher streets it rides pretty hard and some times actually uncomfortable.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
I really like your car stands and all except that fart can. Just my opinion now, but that looks really out of place. Again just my opinion.
It's not actually a fart can. ZZP just put a 4" tip on their 2.5" catback.

2.5 inch Stainless Cobalt Catback Exhaust - Exhaust

I think it'll look better once I get it properly aligned and tucked closer to the bumper. When I put it on, I was sorta in a hurry, and didn't get the catback aligned just the way I wanted. It'd also help if ZZP had put a 3" tip on instead of a 4" one like they did.

Quote:
Struts and shocks don't affect height but they sure help in handling. On my 2010 I replaced the shocks and springs with FE5, on the highway this mod is the best, in town with rougher streets it rides pretty hard and some times actually uncomfortable.
Yup, although the stock struts & shocks will blow out on lowering springs, so if you're lowering it, the harsh ride is an unfortunate necessity. It does handle a ton better though.

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
I think the issue is the tip's length. If you're able to tuck it forward in vehicle, that will help.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Expert

Garage
It might have a little bit of room, but I haven't had a chance to get it on jack stands to find out for sure.

Quote:
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Initiate

Look on Craigslist for a set of used coilovers, I just picked up a set of Ksports for $250
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1moyer View Post
Look on Craigslist for a set of used coilovers, I just picked up a set of Ksports for $250
Not sure about coilovers yet...maybe in the future but thanks for the suggestion

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1moyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
IDK what that guy's talking about, but it's definitely worth it to replace the struts and shocks. I got mine here:
Driver Side Strut
Passenger Side Strut
Rear Shocks (Need 2)

Anyway, for the drop, here's a few pictures with my CM springs:

Those look really nice, what was the drop for thise if you remember

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Well good thing im not in the city or anything haha😃 most of my driving in on the highway anyway except for going to work....i have to enter the shopping area with like a good 25 degreee incline either way there not flat point to enter into the lot so im expecting to bottom out for sure
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Hit it at an angle - my driveway has a large curb. If I were to pull in or back out straight, I'd probably rip off the entire exhaust and the front bumper. I pull in and out nearly perpendicular to the driveway.

Just something you learn to live with, becomes second nature.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Hit it at an angle - my driveway has a large curb. If I were to pull in or back out straight, I'd probably rip off the entire exhaust and the front bumper. I pull in and out nearly perpendicular to the driveway.

Just something you learn to live with, becomes second nature.
True...haha didnt think of that thanks for the tip 😆 and if i can ill try to get a before and after on my balt if i can
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjules8949 View Post
Those look really nice, what was the drop for thise if you
I didn't take note of the measurement, but I think it was right around 2" all around. I'll see if I can find any before/after pictures. Maybe I've got a measurement somewhere.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode