Front stock struts - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 9
Front stock struts

Has anyone had to put new front stock sturts on there coablt yet. I just got back from inspection and the dealership told me that I needed new front struts. I am out of warranty and they are going to charge me $590 to do the job with a alignment. I called a couple of parts stores and they cannot get the stock one yet. To new of a car. Does anyone know of a place to get the front struts.
spangs27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by spangs27 View Post
Has anyone had to put new front stock sturts on there coablt yet. I just got back from inspection and the dealership told me that I needed new front struts. I am out of warranty and they are going to charge me $590 to do the job with a alignment. I called a couple of parts stores and they cannot get the stock one yet. To new of a car. Does anyone know of a place to get the front struts.
just splurge and get some koni's they are great you will never have to worry about strut issues again
nramlow2006 is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,388
Send a message via AIM to Chester
Extremly true ^^^ Thats what i would do



Mod's So Far: AEM CAI, C.A. Header, 2.50 Magnaflow Catback Exhaust , ZZP Catless Downpipe, DC Carbon Strut Bar, Dropped on Progress Springs. Tinted, Fully Debadged, Custom front SS bumper,2 Audiobahn 10" w/JL amp, Lower Billett Grille, Sengen 18 x 8 rims wrapped in Capitol Sport UHP 225/40/18.

Chester is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular
 
Montecarloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 135
Could get FE5 struts. They are the ones that came on the SS/SC, should be readily available, and are direct bolt-ins.

2006 LS coupe, manual, Victory Red
Sportlines, FE5 struts, shocks, front swaybar, Progressive 22mm rear swaybar, Airlift load assist rear airbags, TWM ST shifter, smoothed TB, LSJ exhaust, debadged, demudflapped, Yokohama AVID Touring P195/60R15's. Soon to come 17x7 Motegi Tracklight 1.0. Best to date 15.402 at 90mph

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."
Lucius Cornelius Sulla
Montecarloman is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecarloman View Post
Could get FE5 struts. They are the ones that came on the SS/SC, should be readily available, and are direct bolt-ins.
there isnt much of a difference..
nramlow2006 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Forum Regular
 
Montecarloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
there isnt much of a difference..
Made a hell of a difference in mine

2006 LS coupe, manual, Victory Red
Sportlines, FE5 struts, shocks, front swaybar, Progressive 22mm rear swaybar, Airlift load assist rear airbags, TWM ST shifter, smoothed TB, LSJ exhaust, debadged, demudflapped, Yokohama AVID Touring P195/60R15's. Soon to come 17x7 Motegi Tracklight 1.0. Best to date 15.402 at 90mph

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."
Lucius Cornelius Sulla
Montecarloman is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecarloman View Post
Made a hell of a difference in mine
anything is better then what you started with but if he is going to get an upgrade then goo 100% not 85% nothing against the route you went.
nramlow2006 is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Veteran
 
IMADreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
anything is better then what you started with but if he is going to get an upgrade then goo 100% not 85% nothing against the route you went.
If 85% will do what you need it to then there is no need to spend the extra money for 100%. Both the FE5s and the Konis are a good improvement over the LT stock struts. Either is a viable option.

Repopulating yourcobalt.com one post at a time.

IMADreamer is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMADreamer View Post
If 85% will do what you need it to then there is no need to spend the extra money for 100%. Both the FE5s and the Konis are a good improvement over the LT stock struts. Either is a viable option.
your not going to see me disagree.. but fe5 tend to not last long specialy with spirited driving and eibach prolines...

it really all depends on what you want to do.
nramlow2006 is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Veteran
 
IMADreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramlow2006 View Post
your not going to see me disagree.. but fe5 tend to not last long specialy with spirited driving and eibach prolines...

it really all depends on what you want to do.
oh agreed 100%. If you are going with an aggressive drop there is no doubt you need the Konis.

Repopulating yourcobalt.com one post at a time.

IMADreamer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome