Did I Have ABS on an 08 Chevy Cobalt LT? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Did I Have ABS on an 08 Chevy Cobalt LT?

My daughter's car was an 08 Chevy Cobalt Lt with 76,000 miles on it. She hit a speed bump, got a hole in her oil pan and ran the engine out of oil. The insurance company is totalling the vehicle. However, they are saying in their valuation the vehicle did not have cruise control, content theft alarm, traction control or ABS. I have verified thru the Chevy website....(after given wrong information twice, but still insisting on further investigation) that my car had all of the above except ABS. I think it did have ABS, but don't know how to tell for sure. The vehicle is in another state four hours away and will not start.

Because I was given wrong information....but I kept asking to check further, I am still suspicious that the car DID have ABS. My husdand thinks it did, my daughter said there was an icon of a car with with a lock on it. I do know it had front disk/rear drum brakes because I have the build sheet provided by Chevy. The representative that told me all the wrong information said if it had ABS it would show on the build sheet and it does not. However, the content theft alarm, and traction control system did not show up. She inferred if it had front disk/rear drum brakes it could not have ABS.

The insurance valuation claim reads "Anti-lock Brakes (4)".....and is not checked.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Last edited by mmurrell; 05-22-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Prospect

I have an 08 LT and I know I have ABS on mine. Your best bet would to call a dealer and ask for there part department. When they pop your vin in there catalog they will be able to tell you for sure if it does or doesn't. If there part department is like the one I work for then they shouldn't have a problem
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Wouldn't the www.chevy have that information? I have the VIN.....is there any reason I should not post it here in this forum?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:34 PM
HGT
Prospect

The VIN doesn't designate that option. If you can get the RPO list, look for JL9 or JM4. Those both have ABS.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
The light of a car with a lock is just the vehicle anti-theft.

My 2007 LT does not have traction control or ABS.

The RPO list should be in the trunk, under the carpet (lift it up - should be near the spare).

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Or you could check under the hood to see if the ECBM is there at the bottom right of the radiator support. You can't miss it, it has a bunch of brake lines going to it.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread