Brakes Locking Up After Brake Master Cylinder Replacement - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

1Likes
  • 1 Post By agita_san

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Brakes Locking Up After Brake Master Cylinder Replacement

So I had to replace my brake master cylinder this last weekend. I sucessfully replced the cylinder after priming it. Bled the brakes with DOT 3 fluid out of new sealed containers. Was able to drive for a couple miles no problem, but then I started to notice the pedal getting stiffer and a lot of resistance moving forward. Was close to home so I just decided to say **** it and floored it the rest of the way (gas pedal to the floor couldn't get me over 25 mph). Seemed like the front wheels are the ones locking up. You can smell the brakes burning up front and not at all in the back, and the front wheels are a lot warmer than the rear. I completely bled all 4 brakes again with new fluid, and took for a test drive. Same problem, worked fine for a mile, then started locking up.

I'm gonna pull the 2 hard lines out of the master cylinder and see if that releases the brakes. If so I think its the cylinder thats no good. If not maybe there is a restriction somewhere in the line? Have any of you had this problem with a new master cylinder? What did you guys do to troubleshoot?

The part is the Duralast master brake cylinder from autozone. (hate AZ but they were the only people who had the part on island.) https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...77_23442_91689
lorrus likes this.

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode