Import Wars, SE WI, GLD Dragaway - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Tales From The Strip Talk about your races at the track

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINKS07SS View Post
When do they normally start going on? or People start to show up.
We got there around 9:30. Time trials were just starting, which is normal.
3 rounds of qualifying for the faster (12.99 and faster) classes. Scheduled for 11, 12, and 1. Eliminations are scheduled to start at 2 pm.

Schedule is usually trash by 11 depending on who breaks and drives all the way down the track. This time it wasn't too bad, my buddy had a fitting break on his heater core lines, and sprayed coolant on most of the track that caused an hour delay, but otherwise it wasn't too bad for once. Still everything started about 1.5 hours late.

All day long until eliminations they let you run as many passes as you can in order to figure out your dial-in and practice. I got a dozen or so timeslips on my passenger seat. Once you get knocked out of your bracket, you can get back in the fun-run lines and keep running for fun.

rayray, where in Wisconsin? If you are near Madison, you can come with us. No Cobalts in our group but we let anybody tag along. Came with 7 cars, met up just east of Madison. 3 1st gen Neons, 1 SRT-4, 1 2g turbo fwd Eclipse, 1 Stratus R/T, and 1 Sentra SE-R. It's alot more fun with more people in the brackets. 5 of the people I brought never raced before, and 2 of them won money, everybody that went wants to go next month.

Facebook page for the series:

Jacob Kinnett | Facebook

I like Neons, somebody help me :(

Black 96 Dodge Neon coupe. Still dead.

Barney purple 97 Neon coupe. Quick and gay looking. 13.379 @ 101.07 mph. N/A, full interior, pump gas, slicks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDizzle View Post
rayray, where in Wisconsin?
Mayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINKS07SS View Post
Hey rayray, you going to the car show on May 2nd at NWTC in Green Bay? I hear its a good turnout, I will be there and so will a couple of other cobalt owners I know.
I might have to check this out, anymore details?

Mods:
Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, Eibach Sportlines, De-badged, 140 mph White Face Gauge Cluster, Silver Star Ultra Headlights, Injen CAI, CF Dash Trim, 5 Spoke Rims, Eibach 25mm Rear Sway bar, SS Upper Grille, Painted Black Bowtie, DC Sports Carbon Strut Bar, Injen Hydro-shield, Emergency Brake Boot, Blue Powdercoated Valve Cover, Black Dash & Center Council, Tsudo Catback, ZZP Downpipe.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray View Post
Mayville
Oh, not really on the way there. You should still go, it's a blast.

Barney purple 97 Neon coupe. Quick and gay looking. 13.379 @ 101.07 mph. N/A, full interior, pump gas, slicks.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Anybody planning on going? It's this Sunday, starting around 9 am for time trials, 1-2 pm or so eliminations start. I'll be there, hopefully the rest of my parts show up tomorrow.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Didn't see any Cobalts this time, the 13 second turbo one wasn't there this time.

I won $200 for getting 1st in Super mod (13.00-14.99 bracket) and my buddy won $200 for 1st in Super Street (15.00-slower bracket). My best time was a 14.638 @ 94.93 mph.

Next race is June 20th, so far the only non-Neon domestics have been a Stratus R/T we brought, and an Ecotec Cavalier running mid 15's. Otherwise it's a bunch of Hondas and some DSMs.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Next race is in 2 weeks, anybody going?

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to kstorm61
If i would have knowin about this sooner or had my car sooner id go..but for future reference this wisconsin balt will go next time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode