2.2 Vs 2.0 - Page 14 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Tales From The Strip Talk about your races at the track

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Ahh 15's, havent ran one of them in a long time lol

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
Ahh 15's, havent ran one of them in a long time lol
hahahahahahahaha

post #133 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I dont disagree with you there 1 bit. But replacing internals isn't so much of a waste in money when you want to make more boost then a normal SC, or TC balt. And the parts are on the market there just harder to find. But it isn't impossible to make more hp with a 2.2 then a stock 2.0 staying N/A its just alot more expensive. There are heads on the market for certain 2.2's, theres cams, tuning, better pistons, rods, there a fair amount just 5K and up to stay N/A.

Right, there are good enough replacement internals, and engine parts not considered your typical bolt-ons, that are capable of building a 300 + HP 2.2 Ecotec
yea i know the parts that are out there for the 2.2s, but like i said its a waste of money. the 2.0s are a far superior car in every way, especially the engine and suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I think 350 hp in a 2.2 n/a race built cobalt is going to be a little more then a hair quicker then a stock ss/sc
350 hp out of a N/A 2.2? possible, but not unless you're building custom parts and work for a race shop. another thing ppl are forgetting is cobalts are daily drivers. if you put that kind of money in a car to get it to 350 hp then you've completely defeated the purpose of having the car. thats why you get something with rwd and drive your cobalt to work. cool, you have 350 hp in a cobalt and you're still going to run low 13s...high 12s with drag radials/slicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXXONE74 View Post
Well, Well,well...All I Know is that once I'm done with my "All Motor" 2.2L Build SC will stand for "Slow Car" Cause I remember a few Months back when I had just put in my stage 2 Comp Cams was off timing and not tuned I took on a SS/SC from a 40 Roll and Crushed him hitting 90 so now that I'm "Timed" and "Tuned" I'm sure I'll do better and I'm still modding needing some internals, Wheels and Tires...YouTube - 15.84Sec. @ 90.38Mph 1/4 mile
vids or ur lying. r u sure it wasnt a 2.4l "ss"

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores

post #134 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllscnd970 View Post
350 hp out of a N/A 2.2? possible, but not unless you're building custom parts and work for a race shop. another thing ppl are forgetting is cobalts are daily drivers. if you put that kind of money in a car to get it to 350 hp then you've completely defeated the purpose of having the car. thats why you get something with rwd and drive your cobalt to work. cool, you have 350 hp in a cobalt and you're still going to run low 13s...high 12s with drag radials/slicks.
Im just saying that it can be done and its not as many custom parts as you may think. Of course building a 350 hp 2.2 illogical, IF its meant to be your daily driver. The LSJ is a destroked ecotec engine, but with the current aftermarket parts available you can build a boosted 2.2 with just as much promise as a LSJ. But my point was that a 2.2 can be built to be faster then a stock ss/sc without boosting. If you have the money to do it, and the willingness to be different.

Please Excuse the bad picture in my sig, but my sig has a link to the new awy my car looks in a much better light

160 MPH SS/SC Cluster, Air box mod, Custom Spectre Short Ram Intake, Back on Steelies for the Winter
post #135 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
thats true.... id liek to mod thiss... but again i could buy a wrx with the amount boosting would be and my payment would be mad low.... idkk.. i like the balt.. but since my dealer didnt have an SS i dunno if i should waste the huge amount boosting

Your civic looks good in my rear view mirror.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode