October 18th meet in TN! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Tennessee Tennessee Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to 07OrangeCobalt
October 18th meet in TN!

What's up everyone? We've got a thread up on CSS.NET about this. It's a meet and cruise and will take up most of the day that Saturday. Let me know if any of you are interested and i'll post up the info w/ a link to the CSS.NET thread! Most of you probably have already seen it on there but I figured i'd post here also in hopes that maybe there was someone else here who hadnt' seen it already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=135164

Official Thread

A few of us guys from the Knoxville, Tn Area have decided to put a meet / cruise together, driving through some of the curviest roads in the area. I'm sure most of you have heard of The Dragon US129 318 Curves in 11 Miles, and The Cherohala Skyway a.k.a. the mile high legend, and Foothills Parkway. For any enthusiast Motorcycles, Cars, even vacationers these are some of the best roads in the east, and we just happen to live right in the heart of them.

The Meet will take place on Saturday, October, 18, 2008 @ 9:00AM @ Foothills Mall in Maryville, TN, we will promptly leave at 10:00AM for the cruise.

Locations @ Mall - Next to Sears across from Hastings in the big parking lot.

note: I fully plan on having a two way radio, yanno the ones you can pick up at walmart usually have a 2 - 5 mile range, at the meet those that bring one we can hook up on the same channel so that we at least have some form of communication in case something happens. I will be bringing two, one for myself as i'll lead the way and one for whoever is bringing up the rear if they don't have one with them. Just think this is the safest way to do this so that we all stay together.

Directions to Foothills Mall

The Cruise Route - Please Print, in case your running behind or want to meet us somewhere along the cruise you will know the route we are taking.

Stops Along the way:
  • Tellico Plains, TN - To regroup and make sure everything is going okay.
  • Gas Station on the skyway - I can't remember the exact location of this gas station but I will remember it when i see it, i'm pretty sure from the direction we are going that its at the end of the skway, it contains souvenirs for the skyway.
  • Robbinsville, NC - some fast food restaurant more than likely bathroom breaks, lunch / snack.
  • Fontana Dam - beautiful view of the damn dam. ;)
  • Hellbinder Gas Station - 28 Hellbender souvenirs.
  • Deals Gap - Dragon Souvenirs
  • Observation Tower Foothills Parkway - There is a huge parking lot that we can park in, its about a 1/2 mile hike up to the observation tower, but well worth the view, you can apparently see the crest of the earth, and what i mean by this is that typically you can see a horizon, this is one place were you can see beyond that on a clear day. 360 degree panaramic view of the mountians. I figured this would be a good time to stretch the legs if you don't feel like making the hike you can chill in the parking lot and body guard the cars lol. while we are hiking up we can figure out were we want to eat dinner in sevierville.
  • Restaurant in Sevierville, TN - Dinner and to close out the meet.

according to google maps the whole trip should take about 6 hours, but i'd say with the stops we are looking at close to 8 hours give or take. So we should be in sevierville by 6PM at the latest i would think. Please allow for extra time in case something happens.

I figure most people need 2 or 3 weeks to ask off for work we are about 3 weeks out right now, so hurry up and ask off for work, the more people we have the better.

///copy below here paste in reply add your name when confirmed///

Confirmed:
1. Knoxbox and I have a friend riding shotgun - Cobalt LS
2. BlackSS - 350z
3. bigmacss - Cobalt SS
4. Ecot3c - lt2
5. telstaboy

Pending:
1. Jacque8080 - SS/SC
2. shook - lt

p.s. who are you on css.net? i just found out about this site so sorry for the late notice, if you can make it lemme know and i'll add you to confirm list.

Last edited by knoxbox; 10-10-2008 at 06:39 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

if only i didnt have to work and wasnt on the other side of tn from yall i would so be there we need to all have another memphis meet or a meet in between sometime so we can all attend

2006 Cobalt LT
Black X-Ray Edition
New straight through design muffler
Ebay Cold Air Intake
Front Badge Brushed Alum Bowtie w/ Autobot Transformer
Billet Grille
Tinted Tail Lights
Tinted Side Markers
Tinted Reverse Lights
Rear and Side Emblem Debadge
Strut Bar
Eyelids

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Banned

we have had this planned for over a month now... if i had known about these other sites then i would have posted to them alot sooner so that everyone would have had the opportunity to get off i didn't realize there were so many other cobalt related sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode