Clutch Bleeding Help! Again! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Transmission All about the Chevy Cobalt Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Clutch Bleeding Help! Again!

Ok I know this has been asked a million times but I searched and searched and couldn't find anything.

It's a 2006 2.2 5speed ls family car.

The clutch fried on my 3 days ago, so I dropped the tranny and bought a autozone clutch with a new thro out bEaring. Replaced everything and it went great.

I have bleed the clutch a thousand times already and you can still push down the pedal with your hand. One way I bled it was pump clutch pedal several times, hold it to floor, then open bleeder, close it, repeat

The other way I used was with a vacum pump. Still nothing. Bleed the brakes also since its the same rezavor. Help!

What else can I do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Newcomer

Clutch Bleeding Help! Again!

I'm actually having the same problem but I actually have a place that Is sucking in air, gm says that to bleed it you have to put a special plug on the reservoir and keep the bleeder closed, put a vacuum on it and release it,keep doing this until the fluid level doesn't change in the reservoir. That's the proper way to do it. But you can actually use a tub stopper with a fitting in it to do it but I don't know the size of the stopper to use.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode