Hurst Short Throw Shifter on Ls Cobalt? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Transmission All about the Chevy Cobalt Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hurst Short Throw Shifter on Ls Cobalt?

Hey everyone,

I have finally started working on my cobalt for the gf and am now buttoning up the interior renovation (will make a build log for everyone shortly)

Last night i picked up a hurst short throw shifter for a a good price local and was unsure if it will fit an ls base model since it was on an ss car. I planned on swapping out the factory one for the simple reason that the one in the car is gross and for some reason has a melted/ sticky feeling and i cant take it. The other reason was so i can swap knobs with screw ons when I feel the need to change it up lol.

So the question which I have been trying to find is can i put this shifter on my car with no modification, I am willing to do some if needed but not looking to make this some crazy project. Anyone do this to a base model with ease????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
SS N/A? the one from the SSTCSC are different and when I asked a while ago for my N/A was told they wouldn't fit

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaoaudio View Post
Hey everyone,

I have finally started working on my cobalt for the gf and am now buttoning up the interior renovation (will make a build log for everyone shortly)

Last night i picked up a hurst short throw shifter for a a good price local and was unsure if it will fit an ls base model since it was on an ss car. I planned on swapping out the factory one for the simple reason that the one in the car is gross and for some reason has a melted/ sticky feeling and i cant take it. The other reason was so i can swap knobs with screw ons when I feel the need to change it up lol.

So the question which I have been trying to find is can i put this shifter on my car with no modification, I am willing to do some if needed but not looking to make this some crazy project. Anyone do this to a base model with ease????????

I'm pretty sure if it was an N/A ss then yes it would work otherwise no the sc and tc are different. My recomendation would be to buy the BPS short throw for the N/A I beleive its only 150$ I paid for mine

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The TWM STS I bought for my car was labeled for a Cobalt SS/Saab 9-3. The instructions showed an SS/TC from start to finish. It fit and worked well on my base F23.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode