Mixing ATF - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Transmission All about the Chevy Cobalt Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Mixing ATF

As long as both are full synthetic Dex VI, is there any problem with mixing fluids when draining the tranny and replacing the filter and fluid? I changed the fluid about 60,000 miles ago, but recently when refilling it noticed some sediment coming from the level check plug and want to open things up and look around.

I previously used valvoline full syn/dex VI atf, but was going to buy the proper GM dex VI fluid this time around.

Also, I saw a video where the input/output lines from a transmission were removed and fresh fluid was poured in as the car ran and the old fluid poured into a bucket until it came out clean. This was done to get as much old fluid out instead of just refilling the amount that comes out when you drop the pan. While not a way to save money, Im curious if this is possible and/or worth it with our transmissions. (The video was not of of a cobalt)

I also had someone tell me itd be worth it to add an inline filter to the transmission line at some point. Ive never heard of or seen someone doing this to a cobalt, is it worth it or a waste of time and money thatd possibly cause issues?

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode