2010 SS 6 Speed Conversion Wont Start - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Transmission All about the Chevy Cobalt Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2010 SS 6 Speed Conversion Wont Start

Hello all!

I have been doing a 6 speed conversion. I drove it with the 6 speed and found out the tob was leaking down so I pulled the trans back out to install a new tob and a spacer. Now that its back together the car doesn't start. It simply turns over slowly for a couple seconds and then faster than normal but does not start. I have checked the two grounds to the trans and they were perfect. I then reinstalled them even tighter and checked the surface of the grounding area. I have done new plugs and gapped the same .32 I think. I checked the under hood fuses but I have yet to find the issue. I can charge the battery fully and then after cranking once it drops to 10.8 - 11.4v but then charges right back up. I also tried a reputable battery and had same results. I am clueless. I spoke with ZZP and they were saying some sort of wiring but the only wire I have disconnected was the speed sensor and the other trans mission sensor. They are both hooked up. They did say to check the wiring under the fuse box since I had to move it around to do the install. Does anyone have any idea on which wiring plug under the fuse box to check or any other opinions on the culprit in question? I have been fighting this issue since early December and read all kinds of post so believe me when I say it I have researched! lol

Thanks in advance, and Leevicious if you're on here buddy whats been up? Idk if you remember but I had a red cobalt ss a couple years back and was making near 500whp with it. We used to talk a bunch about a meth kit for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
@lee vicious is still here, now and again. Maybe the mention will bring him out of hiding!

So the trans really shouldn't cause any starting issues...if it turns over faster than normal...almost makes it sound like it doesn't have compression. But for it to suddenly not have compression when it was fine before isn't right...

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode