Passenger side CV shaft - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Transmission All about the Chevy Cobalt Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Passenger side CV shaft

Okay so I am going to try my best to explain what is going on with my car. About a year and a half ago I noticed a thumping noise in my front end but it only happened when you had the steering wheel turned all the way to the left. So took it to a friend who worked at Monroe mufflers to see what he thought, and they said my passenger side CV shaft was pulling out of my transmission. Had to issues with the transmission tho, no slipping leaking or anything. So we thought maybe it was just the CV shaft. So we replaced the CV shaft and the noise stopped. Now a little over a year later after replacing the CV shaft, the noise is back exactly the way it was before. Took it up to my brother in law to put it on the lift to see what was going on. And the CV shaft is doing the same thing. You can wiggle the CV shaft up and down where it connects to the transmission. The CV shaft is still in great condition, no leaks or tears. But if you pull on the shaft it doesn't come out of the transmission and if you tap on the shaft to see if you can get it to go back into the transmission it doesn't move. So trying to figure out what is causing it to keep pulling out. I have a 07 cobalt with a 2.2 and has 266,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
What kind of noise are you hearing?

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode