Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't Go into Gear

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Randy Steward 
#1 ·
Hello all, I know this may be a dead forum but I'm looking for solutions or a peace of thought before having to trailer my car back to ZZPERFORMANCE

On April 6, 2016 I had a stage 4 southbend clutch, fidanza lightweight flywheel and a new throw out bearing replaced. The car drove fine for 7 moths with proper 3000 mile break in period.

The car is daily, never been on a track or dragstrip.
Nor NLS it's a 2009 Chevy cobalt ss turbo. Some of the symptoms i started to have was the car suddenly not wanting to go into to gear with clutch pedal pushed in. To remedy this I replaced the roll pin, shift linkage and cable clamps and the problem went away briefly. Then in January 2017 the problem came back, it was then I was able to adjust the cable clamp slightly to regain gearshift. I took the car back to ZZPerformance in February 2017 and addressed the issue along with some shift clunking and hesitated bogging while accelerating and shifting in fear that my warranty would come to expire and they ruled out the clutch assembly was fine and that the axles needed replacement... I saw the clunking and clanking from the axles upon their showing me and I had them replaced

I go to start the car a few days ago and now I can't shift at all. Tried adjusting the clamps again as well as checking the reservoir for brake fluid and still nothing. The clutch pedal and brake pedal both are hydraulically controlled and I have resistance there I just can no longer feel the engagement zone of the clutch like I used to. If I start the car in gear I'm stuck in that gear and I can't force it out of gear unless I turn the car off. I then can shift freely between all gears including fifth!

I'm waiting to hear back from ZZPerformance about what they can do for me since April has passed. I'm not sure that it is the clutch or indefinitely the TOB but this clutch should have lasted atleast 3 years with normal spirited driving and I'm a bit bummed. No fluid leaking from clutch pedal nor any other leaks around the tranny

Any help or diagnosis from you experts would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Ranshiftss

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.