I purchased my new 09 XFE August 28th on the cash for clunkers program. Traded in my old 1990 s-10 Blazer and got the cobalt for half price after cash for clunker money and employee discount as I work at a Chevy dealer.
09 Cobalt LS XFE 5 speed
My goal with this car is to make it a nice looking, dependable daily driver. I am not trying to make my car fast, I also enjoy getting good gas milage with it. I like a clean vehicle that has a good sense of style and is not super flashy screaming "LOOK AT ME!!"
I have my s-10 blazer for a toy that is overpowered and a huge attention grabber. refer to the following linked thread if you are interested in that project........https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/oth...ed-blazer.html
- stainless shorty antenna powder coated black
- smoked LED taillights
- LED bulbs in rear side markers
- LED license plate bulb
- Gen 4 projectors painted Victory red
- 6k LED
- 6k HID high beams
- HID relay harness
- HID reverse lights with 6k bulbs
- Impala LED insert for 3rd brake light
- tinted third brake light and rear side markers
- added GM spoiler
- color matched trunk lock (powder coated)
- satin black front bowtie
- fully color matched mirrors
- front mud flap delete
- 18" Tenzo Cuzco V2 rims
- 225/40/18 Nitto tires
- upgraded to Impala horn set with custom bracket
- Powder coated door latch strikers red and polished the bolts
- tinted windows 35%
- SS gauge cluster
- painted gauge cluster trim and needles
- added LED bulbs to trunk light and dome light
- deleted rear head rests
- clear coated and polished factory dash trim
- Chevy rubber floor mats
- added trunk lid liner and taillight covers
- Full interior sound deadening
- Kenwood head unit with CD/DVD/Navigation etc...
- Two amps, one for speakers and one for the sub.
- Infinity component speakers up front and Infinity 6X9's in rear
- Custom made subwoofer box/amp rack (fiberglass)
- GMPP cat back touring exhaust
- GMPP SRI
- MRZ brushed strut tower brace
- BC adjustable coil over suspension
- color matched hood strut and trunk struts
- TWM short throw shifter with engraved black pearl Dojo knob
- brake drums powder coated black chrome with a metallic clear coat
- brake calipers smoothed out and powder coated black chrome with metallic clear coat
- Powder coated camshaft cover
- custom made ignition coil cover powder coated
- billet oil filler cap powder coated
- various other parts under hood powder coated
- different e-brake lever
- different grille
- rear sway bar
- upgrade brakes
- 2.4 mani and T.B.
- high flow down pipe
- I'm always coming up with new ideas for stuff
- and some extreme modifactions if I keep the car long enough lol
THREADS RELATED TO MY CAR
DIY/HOW TO THREADS THAT APPLY TO MY CAR
OTHER RANDOM THREADS
Reverse HID kit install pics
GMPP exhaust videos
parked and idling
In this video I only went through 3rd gear basically. you can hear as I shifted to 4th I let off. I was at 65mph by then and didn't wanna risk speeding.
short driving vid
my dash trim after I clear coated and polished it..
Fiberglass sub box/amp rack I built
Fall of 09 before I did many of my mods.
Many pics and mod updates throughout this thread!