Official Turbocharger Build Threads - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyTaktix View Post
Most definitely not. One thing you do not want to do is be in debt for car parts. What if something uncalled for happens and you need a loan? Then you already took it out for a turbo kit which you won't e able to get the same money back for. Just put aside every paycheck and budget your money. Instead of goin to dinner or sumtin next time, put it aside forthe kit. If you do this regularly, you will see the money build up fast. You just haveto have the discipline to put aside every pay check and nt spend on other things like eating out etc. Good luck man!
agreed, find a way to save the money....whenever I get paid in cash for painting or something I always just put it in a safe place in my room and pretend I don't have it...last time I cashed it in to buy a new bed I had something like $2200 and I had no idea because I dont ever count it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via MSN to ndbalt07 Send a message via Skype™ to ndbalt07
I will be putting mine on either for spring break which is the third week in march for me or else i have to wait until school gets out... I have the zzp stage 2 kit...

07' LS 5 spd, bullseye S256 @ 17 psi wut?!, E85!!!, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle rods, spec stage 3 clutch, TTR motor and tranny mounts, ARK sts, Magnaflow catback, tinted windows, B&G coilovers w/ adjustable camber plates, front bowtie painted black, and ETX ME-2 rims wrapped in 235/40/18 Nitto invos.
post #23 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbalt07 View Post
I will be putting mine on either for spring break which is the third week in march for me or else i have to wait until school gets out... I have the zzp stage 2 kit...
That's what I'm saving up for ^^

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #24 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran

Garage
The total came out to $2654.73 shipped haha

07' LS 5 spd, bullseye S256 @ 17 psi wut?!, E85!!!, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle rods, spec stage 3 clutch, TTR motor and tranny mounts, ARK sts, Magnaflow catback, tinted windows, B&G coilovers w/ adjustable camber plates, front bowtie painted black, and ETX ME-2 rims wrapped in 235/40/18 Nitto invos.
post #25 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Forum God

Garage
Good to know bro..thank..What option did u get for the wastegate?

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

post #26 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Veteran

Garage
external wastegate dump

post #27 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Forum God

Garage
Got any pics of the whole kit? I kinda wanna see a picture of what comes with it

post #28 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Garage
No I didn't even get to open the boxes. The kit's at my dad's shop down in Florida and I'm going to school in North Dakota right now. I went down there for christmas to put it on and it didn't get there until the day I had to drive back so I was kinda disappointed and a little upset at the same time...

post #29 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Expert

Garage
glowbalt... Everyones telling you not to ge a loan. Eother save up for the kit, or just buy parts seperatly and franenstein the shit together. I "gave" my roommate my stock ss intercooler, but if he doesn't install it I'd rather give it to you for cheap. Sorry OP for not keeping the chatter to a minimum, but this is on point and topic.... Lets all bump heads and see if we can "part out" that kit glowbalt wanted and try to see if we can get the price down if he buys all the stuff seperatly.....

soo... What are the major components glowbalt will need and can someone begin listing them. Already told glowbalt that the turbo is most of the cost, but if we can find cheaper component part he may even be able to get a better turbol or at least find a cheaper turbo itself..... I'm willing to throw in my stock SS intercooler, a few couplers and pipe clamps, what else does he need? List em up, and list oem, aem prices with links if possible. Gonna indian give that intercooler back for you man.... Chime in guys! Lets get glowbalt some resesrch materials and crunch numbers and best decide what's the dealio in this thread, and we will post up installation when we're done
post #30 of 820 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CobaltKatsu Send a message via MSN to CobaltKatsu
Saving to buy the kit is the best deal. Its been tested and we know the kit works. Piecing your own kit together is gonna be cheaper, but yeah. Just save up! I'm not spending anymore money till I get it lol. Besides car payment and gas. If I can do it, you can do it.

2008 Silver LS, 2.2L, 18" wheels, Airbox Mod Rockford Fosgate 10s', Stock Deck, 20% Tint, 10k HIDs, Tsudo N-1, Megan Racing Coilovers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode