Official NA Build Threads - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributor

A high hp COBALT NA? Shit noone has ever cracked 200hp on na so how is that high hp?thats not high hp so theres not much room for an impresive NA cobalt build for that reason.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

BTW im not trying to flame on the NA peeps in here at. I wana see an 200 hp na with interior gutted out and thwn im sure it will roll the FCK out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
it would just be cool to have a 200+hp N/a.. but I'm starting to see now that its boost or go home lol

I guess only V8's are capable of high HP N/A

post #13 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Contributor

What suck about high hp Na 4 cylinder's is that there's a few Honda hatch's here with like 220hp Na. K20 swap though but still it's gay to see Honda's making more Na HP than cobalt's. These hatches are quick as shit for being NA... also the fact that they wieght around 1900 lbs help alot.. I can proudly say an Honda hatch is my next car to build up but with an turbo on it..

post #14 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedecotec View Post
What suck about high hp Na 4 cylinder's is that there's a few Honda hatch's here with like 220hp Na. K20 swap though but still it's gay to see Honda's making more Na HP than cobalt's. These hatches are quick as shit for being NA... also the fact that they wieght around 1900 lbs help alot.. I can proudly say an Honda hatch is my next car to build up but with an turbo on it..
i concur to the fullest

post #15 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedecotec View Post
the k20 is king of 4 bangers imo. capable of nearly 400hp on a stock block... damn

You COULD theoretically have a 200+hp na cobalt. you just would be doing a fairly major build. which something I think would be sweet to see. Im more impressed by like 250 na than even 400 boosted when it comes to such a small motor
post #16 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Newcomer

well anywayz the whole jist of my post is that i wanna do something different, im not looking for crazy HP but enough... in fact im going to post a new thread feelin out something, but hey thanks for the advice ya'll have given
post #17 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Newcomer

Garage
O.K. I'll bet any one of the N/A haters on here that my Cobalt is 200+Hp, give me a try Homie!

2008 White W/Black stripes 2.2L Chevy Cobalt SE(Special Edition) MODS: Ingals Stiffy Tourqe Damper, Injen C.A.I., Vibrent Performance 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold W/High flow Catted Down pipe,2.4L Manifold, Corsa Touring 2.5" CatBack W 3" Tail Pipe,MRZ Under Drive Pulley,MRZ Fluids Billet covers set,MRZ Strut Bar,Halo Projector Headlights (no H.I.D.), Red "X" L.E.D. Tail Lights, Custom Red L.E.D. light ring around the revers lights & finally “Trifecta Tuned”YouTube - Racing DAD on i391 in Holyoke.mov
P.S. this was before the 2.4L manifold MOD.LOL!
post #18 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXXONE74 View Post
O.K. I'll bet any one of the N/A haters on here that my Cobalt is 200+Hp, give me a try Homie!
Dyno slip or are all of what you just said is useless. Sorry.

post #19 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:31 AM
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
"Injen C.A.I., Vibrent Performance 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold W/High flow Catted Down pipe,2.4L Manifold, Corsa Touring 2.5" CatBack W 3" Tail Pipe,MRZ Under Drive Pulley"

$100 says you have 175 to the wheels or less. Most likely less.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-Cobalt-lt View Post
the k20 is king of 4 bangers imo. capable of nearly 400hp on a stock block... damn

You COULD theoretically have a 200+hp na cobalt. you just would be doing a fairly major build. which something I think would be sweet to see. Im more impressed by like 250 na than even 400 boosted when it comes to such a small motor
Plenty of turbo Cobalts making 400+ on stock longblocks.

post #20 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-Cobalt-lt View Post

both LSJ and LNF have broken 450whp on stock blocks.. wtf are you talkin about man...

a guy on JBO (cavalier, not a cobalt) dynoed 197whp with his 2.2 when it was built, he's since built a new eco that uses an LE5 crankshaft with L61 pistons (I THINK), but displacement is around 2.3L. Through an automatic he dynoed at 175hp at 7700rpm, and the engine is designed to spin to 10,000rpm.

the car on the old setup ran 13.4 all motor.

Maybe its me, but I think if you're going to call something a 'build' it has to include MORE than bolt on parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode