TGB2009 / Chevy Cobalt LS / Richmond, VA - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to TGB2009 Send a message via Skype™ to TGB2009
TGB2009 / Chevy Cobalt LS / Richmond, VA

Bought the car back in August 2008 down in Georgia. It had 8900 miles on it

Stock Options (which came with car when bought)
Rear SS Spoiler
5-Speed transmission
Blue Granite paint
Manual Crank windows
Manual doors
No Keyless entry
Hood Scoops (were put on by dealer while car was on the lot)

Exterior

ICW Racing Nakano Rims
Cooper C4 Touring
Custom hood scoops
Bumble Bee Yellow Calipers/Drums
Painted Headlights
Tsudo N1 Performance Exhaust
35% Window tint all around

Interior
Factory white cloth seats
Dual Kicker Comp 12's
1200watt Insignia amp
Kicker Sealed Enclosure

Pictures:

My car:
Old Pictures where the car had its 1st mod (red drums) but other than that here it is when first got it.

After a few months after getting the car, I decided I didn't like the brakes being a dull grey color. I took them all apart and sprayed them with a bumblebee yellow.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

1st Photo shoot after doing the brake work

Older Picture of me by a few years.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

June of 2009 I decided to get all of my windows tinted. I went with 35% all the way around. and the result is this:

Sub Install #1

While the process of getting the windows tinted and working, I started a project for a new sub-woofer system. This was installed around October 2008

This setup consisted of 3 subs and 2 mid-ranges. One 1", Two 8" Subs and 2 5x7" Midranges, all powered by an Insignia 1200 watt Mono Amp.

Last edited by TGB2009; 09-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Veteran

Garage
Nice work on the speaker box. It looks very pro. How does it sound?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

By this time of Owning the car, I had gone through Senior year of highschool and was about to go off to Virginia Commonwealth University for College. So the modifications slowed down at that point due to lack of money. So little mods were preformed, Debadged the GM logo from passenger side door, debadged the LS from the trunk lid, Removed vinyl strip on doors beside window.

Once in college, I decided I wanted something to hit harder than what I had installed the previous October. I went with 2 Twelve Inch Kicker Comp 12's powered by the 1200 Amp Mono Insignia Amp I had used for the last set of subs. This new system was installed July 2010. The results were this:

I will now show you some inside pictures.
Note: I have not done any work on the inside of the car except continuous cleaning.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

It is now September of 2011 and finally the exhaust has finally died. I have purchased a Tsudo N1 Catback Exhaust to replace the crap that was on the car when I purchased the car.

I will post pictures of the new exhaust as soon as it comes in and is installed on the car. By in the mean time, I went out today and took some pictures since I haven't had any since last year. These pictures were taken in Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA and downtown in Shockoe Bottom on Sept 4, 2011

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
Nice work on the speaker box. It looks very pro. How does it sound?
The old system hit pretty hard but the new one hits 100 times harder. Both sounded great but the Kickers are by far better.

2006 LS Mods:
Tsudo N1 Catback Exhaust
ICW Racing Nakano's covered in Cooper CS4 Tourings
Dual Kicker Comp 12's enclosed in a sealed Kicker enclosure powered with a 1200 Insignia Amp
Painted headlights
K2Motor Smoke LED Tail lights
MPx Shorty Antenna
Painted calipers/drums
Custom hood scoops

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Contributor

Looking good not a fan of the hood tho. Any plans for lowering?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Contributor

gotta say i love the car except i just cant get past the hood,its just not my taste at all for a hood like that on a cobalt,no offence. if its what u like then go for it
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:05 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1R View Post
gotta say i love the car except i just cant get past the hood,its just not my taste at all for a hood like that on a cobalt,no offence. if its what u like then go for it
^
this. i can't get past the stick on hood scoops,i'd be ripping those off...carefully of course with a heatgun(or hair drier for safe removal) and whatever else i can find to help,with some goo gone and wd-40.

But again..if you like it that's what matters

Tinted, partial debadge, airbox mod, tinted tails, full stereo upgrade, 4caroption catback, TTR engine mount,ss fb, cm lowering springs

Coming soon:
custom amp enclosure, wheels, suspension and more!
SC build in the making?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Expert

Garage
so how long until those 6x9's got fried sharing that "sub box"?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN902 View Post
^
this. i can't get past the stick on hood scoops,i'd be ripping those off...carefully of course with a heatgun(or hair drier for safe removal) and whatever else i can find to help,with some goo gone and wd-40.

But again..if you like it that's what matters

I have tried taking them off but when I bought the car, the owner scratched an outline around them when he installed them. So when you take them off, there is 2 noticeable outlines around where they were. Trust me, I've tried taking them off. If someone gave me a hood to put on the car that matched the paint, I'd switch it in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoutu View Post
so how long until those 6x9's got fried sharing that "sub box"?
They actually never busted. I had it ported in the back and it was enough that they never got busted. But that box is long gone and I have something better now.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypse View Post
Looking good not a fan of the hood tho. Any plans for lowering?
I had it lowered in 09. I had to put it back to stock because I was bottoming out EVERY where I was going. I decided I didn't want to replace my whole under carriage so I took them off. Eventually when I get some more money I will get a different set of springs and lower it again, Just not as much as I had it before.

2006 LS Mods:
Tsudo N1 Catback Exhaust
Dual Kicker Comp 12's enclosed in a sealed Kicker enclosure powered with a 1200 Insignia Amp
Painted headlights
MPx Shorty Antenna
Painted calipers/drums
Custom hood scoops

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Forum God

just a thought....why don't you remove the hood scoops and cover the hood with carbon vynil? One of the vendors on another cobalt site, ProVynilShop, is having a sale on high quality carbon wrap that spans the whole hood. It would cost under $100 and look MUCH better than those hood scoops :S just an idea to consider.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyTaktix View Post
just a thought....why don't you remove the hood scoops and cover the hood with carbon vynil? One of the vendors on another cobalt site, ProVynilShop, is having a sale on high quality carbon wrap that spans the whole hood. It would cost under $100 and look MUCH better than those hood scoops :S just an idea to consider.
Eh. I'm not in favor of redoing the hood in a vinyl. I'd rather wait till I have money to get a new hood.

2006 LS Mods:
Tsudo N1 Catback Exhaust
Painted headlights
MPx Shorty Antenna
Painted calipers/drums
Custom hood scoops

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode