Leveecius/ 2009 Cobalt SS/TC/Battle Creek, MI - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
Leveecius/ 2009 Cobalt SS/TC/Battle Creek, MI

Well guys, been on this forum for a LONG time and never put up a showoff thread of my cobalt. So here it is.

I bought the car Feb 13, 2009 with 97 miles on it. It was victory red with the g85 package. In April 2009, with just 12,000 miles on it, I decided to start modding my cobalt, put in a Dejon BPV spring upgrade in it, and a K&N Drop in filter with a tune. I ran 319hp 332tq on the dyno, and ran 13.4 average in the 1/4. From there I was hooked, but couldn't do a lot as I deployed May 6th 2009. During my deployment I saved and bought tons of parts as well as my own HPTuners for myself. Upon coming back from my deployment, as I was awaiting my new turbo I installed all my bolt ons and re-tuned the car and ran my 12.9 1/4. I then proceeded to continue tweeking my setup and my tune to finally run a 12.6. After about a month after my deployment, I finally decided to get my upgraded turbo and bought it and received it 3 days later to start installation. 4 Days after starting my project, my car started for the first time under the new turbo and I started tuning. After some setbacks (blowing all the internals of my BOV out, Exhaust gaskets leaking, CP's leaking and tuning issues), I finally was able to get everything just right for my dyno. I ran 415whp and 380wtq @ 28.5psi with no methanol on 93 octane at 84 degrees. After getting the methanol filled and tuned up I ran 35psi of boost on 93 octane on a 80:20 mix of methanol and ran my car at 486whp with 0 knock. Then I went for a little more, and at 38psi with methanol and 93 Octane I squeezed 538whp/501wtq. I then turned the boost down to 30psi and ran it that way the rest of the time I had the car.
Edit: So I just realized I never gave my track runs with the new turbo setup, so let me put them here. If I could find my slips (which I'm thinking they were in the car when it got stolen, so I'll give ya the info I have. My best run with the 3076r on 30psi with all-season street tires was a 14.2 @ 147mph. I had great traction off the line until I got to full boost and had no boost in 2nd, 3rd or most of 4th, so once I actually got traction, I took off like a rocket lol. I needed slicks BAD.

So without further wait, here are the pics.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I have more pics in my garage that I can't seem to post. But here is the mod list as well as the prices lol:

Engine Mods:

Tune - $300 (now free as I'm a tuner)
Injen Intake - $200
CIA CP's w/ MAF relocate - $225
HKS Sequential BOV - $180
Dejon FMIC - $400
Garrett GT3076R Turbo - $1500
Extra Stuff to finish Turbo upgrade - $110
T-Clamps for everything - $60
Catless 3 in DP - $40 (good to have friends who own muffler shops)
Muffler Delete - $20
Meth Kit - $100
SPEC 3 Clutch - $600
Upgraded Clutch Rod - $100

Total - $3835

Suspension/Handling Mods:

H&R Springs - $175
KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers - $1400
Nitto NT05 245/40/18's - $600

Total - $2175

Interior Mods:

Pioneer AVH-4100DVD - $450
Stereo Wiring Harness - $125
Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter - $100
PAX Steering wheel module - $60
Hurst STS - $140
ZZP Triple Gauge Pillar - $90
Autometer Cobalt Mechanical 30/30 Boost Gauge - $75
Autometer Cobalt WB A/F Gauge - $75
Autometer Cobalt DPIC Gauge - $150
Custom Black Cat Customs Gauges - $85

Total - $1350

Grand Total - $7360

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!

Last edited by Leveecius; 05-08-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner

Garage
looks good. hope everything works out for you with it. and you put 12k miles on it in 2 months? lol jesus

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
I actually put 44k on it in just about 8 months time of driving it. but that's what happens when you drive everywhere for everyone at work, and you also drive from Fayetteville, NC to Michigan and back 2 times a month.. Most of my miles on my car were highway miles, but the others that weren't were city/track. I would say out of the 44k miles my car had on it in 2010, only about 15k of those were city/track miles.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Newcomer

Garage
I love this car. That's the kind of build I'd like to do if I had your mechanical skills and tuning abilities. Looks like you got a helluva deal on the meth kit too at only $100.00.

In your sig it says the car is stolen. Was it stolen and you got it back or is it still missing? If it's still gone, hopefully it shows up soon.

Good luck.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by casionerd View Post
I love this car. That's the kind of build I'd like to do if I had your mechanical skills and tuning abilities. Looks like you got a helluva deal on the meth kit too at only $100.00.

In your sig it says the car is stolen. Was it stolen and you got it back or is it still missing? If it's still gone, hopefully it shows up soon.

Good luck.
Thanks, and my tuning and mechanical skills are always available! lol. If you're not too far away I could help out anytime.

The Meth kit was a Devil's Own kit, and it was used, but it came with the pump, wires, and 3 nozzles. No tank (which is easy enough to make yourself), no nylon line (another easy thing to get), and the ability to tune it into the car. Wasn't too bad.

As far as the car being stolen, I can link you the threads that talk about that if you wanted. I never got it back and know I won't be seeing it again (it's been 2 years). I'll be getting another 09 ss/tc though, once my evo is paid off.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Newcomer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveecius View Post
Thanks, and my tuning and mechanical skills are always available! lol. If you're not too far away I could help out anytime.

The Meth kit was a Devil's Own kit, and it was used, but it came with the pump, wires, and 3 nozzles. No tank (which is easy enough to make yourself), no nylon line (another easy thing to get), and the ability to tune it into the car. Wasn't too bad.

As far as the car being stolen, I can link you the threads that talk about that if you wanted. I never got it back and know I won't be seeing it again (it's been 2 years). I'll be getting another 09 ss/tc though, once my evo is paid off.
Sorry to hear that. I'll search your posts and get the details.

I'm sure you're glad you got the Evo though. I had an 06 STI and loved it but wish I had gotten and Evo VIII or IV. 06 Evo RS is probably my favorite. I love the idea of no power anything and the only focus being on engine, seats, frame and suspension.

I'm a little far away. I live in Oklahoma City, OK...... where Devil's Own is.... oddly enough. lol

Good luck.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Yeah, I have always dreamed of owning an Evo. Ever since my first car (which was a talon oddly enough). I wanted to get an Evo IX MR after I finished paying off my balt, but I lost the balt and got the Evo IX MR/SE. So after this is paid off, I'm debating on weather or not to get another SS/TC (probably my best option here), or to get a 2000ish dodge 3500 cummins 6spd, so I can pull my balt and evo around to different tracks if need be. I'm still debating that though lol. I'll keep my eye open for anything good going on in TX or OK as far as meets and whatnot, and see if I can swing through sometime and help ya out a little.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Just a couple more I found and I'll add up here

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Levee
Admin

Garage
Added a little more info to the original post, it's under the edit section.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Newcomer

Garage
What kind of FMIC sprayer setup were you using on the 'balt?

Also, we have a couple of good tracks down here. Import Face Off comes through twice a year and Tulsa International Raceway Park gets tons of stuff too.

ANYONE on here ever passing through OKC or visiting or whatever, hit me up and I'll buy you a beer or something and we'll shoot the shit about cars.

Last edited by casionerd; 12-03-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode