Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Climertech\ 2009 2.2 Cobalt LT

17K views 84 replies 13 participants last post by  andrewcarr1993 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought it after I totaled my 2007 cobalt ls, had some things that needed to be fixed and I've had it ever since

Current state(actually a little bit behind, I'm going to take more photos when I have the new dash trim):

Original:

Work done so far:
- Repaired driver seat tear.
- Touched up paint on bumper(had light scuffs/scratches)
- Upgraded to pirelli tires
- Replaced headlight bulbs(one side's high beam burnt out so I replaced both)
- Replaced reverse bulbs.(One side burnt out, so I replaced both.
- Replaced Taillight bulb on driver side.(I should replace the other one, but didn't have the time)
- Numerous oil changes(I've put almost 30k miles on the car since I got it Dec 30th/31st.)
- Changed Air Filter(wish I had waited now that I have a K&N intake on the way.
- Changed Cabin air filter(looked like it had never been changed.)
- Changed fuel filter(also looked like it had never been changed.)
- Had aftermarket radio in it for a while, but the volume buttons broke, so I have put the factory radio back in.
- Put in hardwood trunk floor from my other cobalt.
- Installed Black ZZPerformance strut bar
- Installed K&N Intake(Bought from OddWolf)
- Removed rear headrests.
- Upgraded to SS Seats
- Upgraded to MB wheels.
- Installed JBL 4 channel amp I already own.
- Buy line out converter(s). - done and installed - JBL clean audio
- Installed Kicker 6x9s
- Installed Bazooka subwoofer.

Mods:
- Custom Gauge Face(Previous owner did as the car was originally from Canada so a custom gauge was used to convert from km/h to mph.
- Shifter knob appears to be custom or upgraded.
- WeatherTech floor mats
- Black ZZPerformance strut bar
- K&N Intake(Bought from OddWolf )
- Swapped K&N Intake to GMPP intake
- Installed HID lights.
- Footwell LEDs
- Rust repair on drums, calipers, rotor hats, and strut tower hats.
- Installed GMPP pedals.
- Installed Golden Carbon Fiber dipped dash trim.

Work to be done:

- Upgrade Car battery. - In the near future, but not a high priority
- FE5 suspension upgrade
- Impala horn upgrade. - Still in the near future.
- apply sound deadening of some sort. - Have sound deadener purchased - will be doing it when I install my front component speakers.
- Install RE Audio component speakers in front.
- Install window deflector when it arrive.s
-

Lots more mods to come.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Same to you, looks like your a couple hours west of where I am.

Update: actually just put my hardwood trunkfloor back in.
Upate(5/9): Ordered Autodim,compass,onstar mirror on ebay that was pulled from an HHR(Same part number for cobalt).

#4 · (Edited)
Installed strut bar and K&N intake last night, good improvements

Intake:

Will likely take pics of strut bar and Intake installed today at lunch.

Thinking about painting the intake black.

#7 · (Edited)

Trying to post a few pics from my phone, if it doesn't work I likely mistyped

Update: fixed images, sorry if the quality is bad, I just took them tonight.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

I am a bit embarrassed and need to clean my engine bay...haha

#9 · (Edited)
I got it for $100 shipped from here:
ZZP Chrome Moly Front Strut Bar 05 09 Chevrolet Cobalt 07 09 Pontiac G5 | eBay

I do notice a difference..I've heard from others that the rear anti-sway bar is the biggest difference, I've never installed one...but just with the strut bar I notice a decent difference in being able to confidently take turns faster, in most cases it's improved ride as well..

#10 ·
Removed the rear headrests over the weekend.
Before:

headrest vs removed:

If you didn't know how to remove, the plastic piece just pulls up and then there are two 13mm bolts(13 or ten..pretty sure it was 13.)

Headrests removed/after:

#11 ·
As crazy as I may sound...I want to keep the factory head unit...so I've ordered a JL audio Cleansweep to convert the speaker outputs to preamp.

#14 ·
Update on the audio build:
Looks like one of the speakers I was putting in the back is damaged, going to get a new 6x9 set of kickers most likely

#15 ·
Looks good man.
stick with it.

#16 ·
Thanks!

Just ordered a new underhood liner, a cargo tray, and I put an offer on a rear sway bar.

I'm also negotiating with a guy parting out his SS to maybe buy a set of SS seats and a few other parts.

#17 ·
Bought and installed the front SS seats (Passenger seat was a pain because it didn't have the airbag sensors - had to pull them from the seat that was in my car.

Pics to come - it's raining outside this morning.

#18 ·
Front seats are in - had to pull over the sensors on the passenger seat..didn't really want the ss stitching on an LT...but can't remove it easily.

#19 ·
god im in love with your door panels lol, right now im stuck with light gray ones and i HATE them, im slowing converting my car to straight black interior with white trim, and every time i look at my door panels i want to throw up lmao

also loving the seats man great job

#20 ·
Thanks!

I put in the backseats and new rear speakers on friday...now I've ordered HID retrofit projectors yesterday.

#21 ·
Update:

Waiting on my HIDs currently.

Thinking about getting a tune in the near future...

Pulled my GMVIS report...it looks like I may have a team canada edition cobalt.

#22 ·
Pictures of some of the recent mods

- GM Cargo mat - excuse the mess.

SS backseat:

Underhood liner:

#23 ·
- Cobalt went into the dealership today for the recall.
- Still need to put in the front speakers.
- Waiting on HIDs to finish being made and ship.
- waiting on rear view mirror wires to complete the install of an HHR rear view mirror.

Additional future plans:
- Side view mirror turn signal.
- Side view mirror heated (this is going to be really low priority until fall most likely)
- Window and sunroof wind deflectors.

#24 ·
- Got the Cobalt back from the dealer friday with two freshly cut keys.
- Rewired the back speakers in amp to clean up the wiring from just functional to somewhat organized.. still need to wire up the front speakers.
- The speakers will have to wait will I switch back to factory plugs and return the colder NGKs I tried out.

#26 ·
Thanks! , plan to keep it that way. It's the vehicle I use to commute and visit clients so no flames down the sides or anything like that. May get a cobalt sport or ss front bumper - but I'm only doing it to get the OEM foglight functionality.

Also I can sympathize with having to hang on with some curves.. haha.. I love the way the seats wrap around me.

#27 ·
Where did you find those Recaro seats? LKQ?

#28 ·
Found them on craigslist, A guy in Nashville totaled his 07 SS gave me front and back for the price that front seats on ebay go for and threw in a SS subwoofer. would've preferred the SS/TC ones, but couldn't pass up the deal.

#29 ·
Nice find, been searching for SS/TC seats for a year now but excluding the grey seats that stain super easy. Guess what the only ones I've found have been -_-

#30 ·
Haha, yep I've been here, eventually settled on these SS/SC seats..not too bad.. If Ion redline seats are comparable at all I've heard good things about them as well.

#32 ·
underwood liner? I'm not sure where Carrie Underwood gets her eyeliner :)

If you meant underhood liner, I got mine off ebay, but you can get it from any GM parts dealer or dealership.
GM part #: 17801109

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.