Butters90 2009 Cobalt Lt - Storm Troopin - Page 4 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Got my windows tinted 15% all around. Now I am trying to figure out what to do next. I know for a fact once tax return hits.... it will be new wheels, tires, shocks/struts, and lowering springs.

Here are the wheels I am looking at getting:

Last edited by butters90; 10-13-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Decided to try something out since I don't ever see it. Here are the results. Still haven't had it on but through the nights, so as the days go on, I will see if its something I want to make permanent. If I don't like it, I will be going back to black, but have a paint shop do it. opinions?

Last edited by butters90; 10-27-2015 at 02:57 PM.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

So over veterans day, since I had the day off, I decided to remove all plasti dip. It took a couple hours but worth it IMO. No more plasti dip in my future. Time for real mods. If I don't have money for it, then Im going to save up. starting the road of doing things the right way and not just temporary fixes to look good.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Expert

Garage
Cool beans!

I think I like your car better with the black grill. Those wheels you're looking at would be really nice though. You should go with those and lower it to get started! Think about getting them in 17" or 18" instead of stock size. I think bigger wheels look pretty nice on our cars. There's a relevant thread going on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Cool beans!

I think I like your car better with the black grill. Those wheels you're looking at would be really nice though. You should go with those and lower it to get started! Think about getting them in 17" or 18" instead of stock size. I think bigger wheels look pretty nice on our cars. There's a relevant thread going on right now.
The only two size options available are 17 and 18. So might as well pay the extra 10 bucks per wheel and get the 18s. But that was my plan. Get new wheels/tires and then buy some coilovers.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Bought a shorty antenna. Had tons of problems trying to take it off. It broke off the clip in the trunk but I ended up making it work. Looks better IMO. Currently waiting on a quote
For powder coating my wheels black. Then I just need to buy lowering springs and fe5 struts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1455399576083.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	5458   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1455399604144.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	5466  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement