Jerminat0r / 2007 Cobalt LS - REHAB - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Vehicle Showoff Vehicle profiles for Members of YourCobalt.com

1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Cobalt Master

Congrats on the stereo install! As far as those shocks go, those ones have apparently been discontinued, and I can't find anything definitively saying if they are fe1,3, or 5 so I can't help with that part. But shocks alone shouldn't lower your car at all. If you really want to upgrade the shocks and struts though, it's best to go with the 08+ fe5

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

These are the ones you want, get the amazon warehouse deals ones for 30 each, 99% of the time anything in those warehouse deals that are listed as used are just damaged packaging
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-560-582-Original-Equipment-Absorber/dp/B001SGYLO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
Congrats on the stereo install! As far as those shocks go, those ones have apparently been discontinued, and I can't find anything definitively saying if they are fe1,3, or 5 so I can't help with that part. But shocks alone shouldn't lower your car at all. If you really want to upgrade the shocks and struts though, it's best to go with the 08+ fe5

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

These are the ones you want, get the amazon warehouse deals ones for 30 each, 99% of the time anything in those warehouse deals that are listed as used are just damaged packaging
Amazon.com: ACDelco 560-582 GM Original Equipment Rear Shock Absorber: Automotive
Awesome. Thank you for the link. I've bookmarked it in the event we decide to keep this cobalt vs sell it.

I was excited for the 506-607 as the guy has a pair for $50 which, based on researching rear SS shocks, is a pretty good deal it they are FE5 grade.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 09:42 AM
Cobalt Master

Maybe someone who actually knows which ones they are will chime in but the only thing I found listed them as a direct replacement for every cobalt from 05-07 base to ss so they could be anything haha

Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
GM#22728821 ABSORBER,RR SHK AP37(LSJ,JL9) Discontinued

GM#22696400 ABSORBER,RR SHK A(FE1) ACDelco # 560-569

GM#25793745 ABSORBER,RR SHK AP(FE5) ACDelco # 560-582

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

506-607 is a Pontiac Torrent front strut

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 03-20-2016 at 06:18 AM.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Cobalt Master

That must have been a typo on his part, they are the 560-607

Quote:
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
That must have been a typo on his part, they are the 560-607
Yes, it was typo. Sorry about that.

I will pass on those then. Thank you for info, guys (and gals?) !

Update (pics):

Here are some shots of the new speakers / stereo installed. I ran the remote wire for the amp to the kick panel fuse box on the passenger side and tied it into the wiper fuse.

Replaced the exhaust flange / flex piece today with the help of future FIL:

(Original one with hole)

(Future FIL elbows-deep in Coby guts)

(new one welded on and installed)

(Borrowed my neighbors AutoTap Pro and the laptop they use to hook it up to their cars, but I couldn't get it to work with Coby-jack. Checked all fuses and none are blown. Get a red-light on the device when I hook it up, but still no go unfortunately)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
GM#22728821 ABSORBER,RR SHK AP37(LSJ,JL9) Discontinued

GM#22696400 ABSORBER,RR SHK A(FE1) ACDelco # 560-569

GM#25793745 ABSORBER,RR SHK AP(FE5) ACDelco # 560-582

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

506-607 is a Pontiac Torrent front strut
Yeah that was a typo on my part. Sorry about that Coby.

Here is the pic he sent me of the box.
Either way, doesn't look like they are the FE5 ones that I would want, so I'm not going to get them.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Hey all!

A long time without posting, sorry.

Had a lot of "Adulting" to do with planning a wedding (got engaged to the girlfriend around Easter).

Since the last post I took out the carpet, pressure washed it and then steamcleaned it. Then we vaccumed it after it dried.

I bought some SS shocks from a guy on CobaltSS (his was an 08 ) and put those on my LS. Way better!

Then the car sat. I didn't even fire it up until yesterday. Well the battery had died.

Since it was parked face-in, I had a helluva time getting the car backed out enough to jump it.

Spent all day yesterday putting it all back together.

Once I installed everything (including the new seatbelts) the error message about servicing the airbag system has disappeared. No CEL's either.

Only weird thing is, that the AC controls don't work. I can kick the fan on (the dial that reads 1-4) and it blows air, but if I press the defroster, AC, or recirc buttons, nothing happens and they don't light up.

I checked all the fuses under the dash (passenger side; and not just the ones related to AC) and nothing is blown. I also checked all the fuses under the hood, and all is good there.

It's too hot here in Houston to run without AC, though. It was all working fine before the battery had died.

Since I jumped it, I've run it quite a bit. Could this be related? The battery was virtually brand new (less than a year old now).

Only other things left to do beside fixing the AC is to tint the windows and then get it inspected / registered.

I was gonna sell it, but the GF's trailblazer died (new valve seal needed) and so she is going to drive my 4runner and I will drive the cobalt until after the wedding when we don't have so many irons in the fire.

Last edited by Coby7; 05-31-2016 at 03:13 PM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
There are 2 connectors going to the HVAC control, maybe you inadvertently disconnected the one one the left when wiring your radio. The one on the right controls the fan speed.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Garage
Coby!

Crazy thing.. I started it last night (trying to start it and let it run at least once a day to avoid the dead battery thing again), and when I tested the AC controls, they were working fine...
Could this be a sign that the cluster itself is going out? I can grab another one from the scrapyard pretty cheap. I will keep an eye on it. Houston is only getting hotter as we approach summertime and I do not want to be on my commute at 5:00PM in traffic and not have cool air if I can help it.

When I ran the AC, it was cool, but it wasn't as cold as it could be. Do you personally recommend any particular recharge kit? Obviously I would get one with the pressure gauge included so as not to overfill it and fry the compressor, but I suspect that it may be low on Freon. It has never been serviced since the car was purchased new in 2007.

Thanks!

Last edited by jerminat0r; 06-01-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spelling
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
A/C is one area that I always leave to the pros, it is so easy to screw up when you don't know what you're doing. My 07 still blows knuckle numbing cold air, so unless yours leaked a bit it should too.

The connector on the HVAC module might not be pushed fully if you experience intermittent function.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode