Wanted: Lowering springs - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Wanted (Car Related Only) Post what car-related parts you want to buy!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Lowering springs

looking for a decent set of used lowering springs for my lnf

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

Garage
Ssc ftw!

BUYHIDS.COM - HID Kits - Retros - LEDs
07 SS - G85 - K&N - BuyHIDS.com - R1 Concepts
Pioneer - Rockford Fosgate - SSC -ZZP - Hankook
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
i was going to buy them but they don't seem too low.. idk looking into h&r's or ksports

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
bump guess this place is dead lately
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
go to ebay and get tien s springs... i love how much its dropped HUGE difference.. i wanna get like 18's so it sits lower with even less wheel gap.. i got mine for 210 brand new

Photobucket
Full 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust system, injen short ram air intake, cobalt ss front bumper, cobalt ss wing, tinted tail lights, limo tint back 3 windows, 10k 55w hid's (helicopter hunting). And ofcourse.. DOMO!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Expert

If you want really low your not going to like tein, and k-sport probably. Most people will tell you That SSC or Pedders are the best. I don't know if they are since I've never used them. I couldn't tell you about H&R, since I haven't had them on my car.

As for the tein S-Techs, I like them I've had no problems with them after about 1000 miles now. I have 225-45-17's on my car and in the rear I can barely put my finger between the tire and the rear fender well. The front has a bit more gap, but nearly as much as stock. Ride quality is ok, but not great. With that said I haven't bottomed out here in Hampton Roads VA, and the roads here suck.

K-Sport... JUST SUCKS thats all there is to it, thats my opinion from when they were on my car (about 500 Miles). I have been told that they are better when you pair them with upgraded struts, but then again which springs wouldn't benifit from upgraded struts?

Hope this helps you out some with deciding which springs to go with

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Veteran

Garage
K-sport gave me a nice drop but they are very bouncy. I think b&g give the most drop but the roads here are too hardcore for that.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
thanks,

i had b&g's on my old base model and yes it sucked springs were to soft and blew out my shocks and struts.

now i have a 09 lnf with better struts and lower miles so i should be ok strut wise.

was looking at d2's h&r and k sport i think who has the best prices for tein??
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
A progressive spring is a progressive spring is a progressive spring. Everyone is going to have their opinions. Just know that no aftermarket spring is going to ride anywhere near the comfort level of a stock spring, they are not susposed to, they are not designed to, when you go into a corner and hit that pothole and it feels like your stomach just came up through your throat, It is susposed to be that way. Buy Eibach, K-sport, Tien, H&R they are all like this and most other companies also. I sell these and do this for a living, most of the time it is a matter of personal opinion and likeness the of brand. The only progressive spring that is made for the cobalt that do not have these charastics are the Pedders. They are designed differently, they are still progressive but unlike most companies mentioned above that have taken the time to develop a true performence spring, with no coil bind. The only other spring that was made for the Cobalt that had ride comfort was the Eibach pro kit, because they were a linear spring, just like your factory springs. Now from what I understand from last year at SEMA, Eibach hass now also become a cheapscate and their prokit is now a progressive setup.

So which spring did I buy, having access to allmost every brand, one that I do not sell. K-sports, why? Plane and simple the price and I cut a coil anyways so why spend more money and they are no different than any other cheap aftermarket spring, and they all have reverse rake with a 2-2.5. All of the aftermarket companies that make springs for the Cobalts have virtually the same spring and compression rate.

Last edited by DROPPEDATBIRTH; 09-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
does anyone have anything bump!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode