Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

YCOTY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

YCOTY Voting Poll

7K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Bronxknight28 
#1 · (Edited)
Be advised, there will be NO YCOTM until January and the YCOTQ and YCOTY will be taking its place for this year. aka no Q4 contestant

Here we go its the final Contest of the year where all the big players come to play :cheers: . Lets get our votes on and vote for the Yourcobalt.com Car of the Year! Good Luck guys! Here are the contestants!

--------------------
CONTESTANTS:

#1. BankerBalt (Q1)
BankerBalt/2008 Cobalt LS/Eagan,MN

#2. StephyG (Q2)
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/vehicle-showoff/36658-stephyg-2010-cobalt-2lt-sport-ohio.html

#3. SCR3AMz (Q3)
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/vehicle-showoff/30485-screamz-executioner-2007-4dr-sedan-baltimore-md.html

See less See more
#2 ·
gotta go with banker

#3 ·
I'm sorry but it shouldn't even be close there is a car that's a standout by far, bankerbalt is the only one I'd actually want to own and is an example of what I'd like my car to be at some point.

#4 ·
thats all a matter of opinion i'm sure

#10 ·
Why do you like the awful wheels and awful headlights, those alone rule her car out for me. I'll vote for a car that's actually fun to drive not just looks nice thank you very much.

#12 ·
I wasn't referring to your wheels. I really like your car but you need a set of retrofits to make the front end perfect.

#14 ·
There are better guys than HID werks to do it, there is a guy on the cobalt ss gang facebook that does great work. You could also check with padlock on CSS.

#16 ·
Hey.
I love steph's wheels.
Leave them alone.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

What wheels do you have on your car andrew?

#18 ·
Ion Redline wheels as winter set, ss/tc wheels for the summer and PF01's in black 18x8 with a summer set of tires for autocross.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

They said I'm allowed to complain about cars here and not in their showoff thread so that's what I intend on doing.

#20 ·
She hasn't been on since August anyways, I fail to see an issue.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Lets keep the topic to the car, not others. No bashing in the show off threads. If you like it cool, if you don't, who cares? The Show-off threads are for those who want to show-off their cars (thus the reason for the title). If they run for YCOTM/Q/Y then don't vote for them and put your opinions in THAT thread. NOT these. Just because someone doesn't do a whole lot of performance upgrades doesn't mean they can't be congratulated for the hard work and time they have put into the car.
The mods full response in her show off thread.

#21 ·
She hasn't been on since August anyways, I fail to see an issue.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

The mods full response in her show off thread.
I know what he said, I'm a sub forum mod he discussed that with me. The point is that Youre bashing on her car. The "awful" rims.. etc. You can state your opinion, this isn't a dictatorship, but you should do it in a nicer manner. Constructive criticism is OK. If you don't like the rims, simply say that.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

#22 ·
As far as I know their isn't even a way to edit posts by myself if I were to get rid of my statement. Lets just put it this way, I'm suprised this isn't as one sided as I expected it to be, two of the cars although don't look bad are just outclassed by the other.

Really though if I don't like the wheels on a car that instantly rules out the car for me. Guess I'm just used the the COTM competition on CSS where everyone has something amazing.

#24 ·
Seeing that it has about 30x more posts per day I tend to frequent that more.

I know that's supposed to be something bad but I don't mind voicing my opinion and do have some knowledge on the platform seeing I've done everything myself so far. I know others know lots more but I can still contribute to most discussions. I'm going to pick performance over looks any day.

#26 ·
I'm not saying they haven't done a decent amount of work. I'm just saying that the work on some cars isn't in good taste, that is in my opinion I fail to see a problem with that I like one car and don't like another for x reason(s). I go for performance and not looks as much thus I would rather have a car that's fun to drive rather than looks good, I wouldn't ever consider coilovers for my car since their going to make the ride quite bad and not be the best for handling, that would be YYZ springs, Koni's and an XXX rear swaybar with a few other things in addition to help. Have a done quite a bit to be able to swap the wheels on my car. Absolutely I've done a 5 lug swap and have the wheels I really wanted and now with a set of PF01's, the best wheel for handling in a 5x110 bolt pattern. I also like how this wheel looks, not others may not, I don't care if they say they dislike the car, I like it so I don't car. I feel that instead of ignoring me if members disagree they too voice your opinion, which is fine, I accept that they disagree. You could say then I shouldn't have said it at all but oh well it's said.

Lastly she'll likely never see this, she hasn't been on in quite some time which is a shame. Maybe she could post pics of a new better set of wheels but without any sort of performance she still wouldn't get my vote; I'd just have one less thing to dislike.

I'm surprised that this COTY has become more about looks than performance vs a mix like banker has.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Really how do I edit so I can fix all those grammatical errors?

#28 ·
That guy was asking seriously if he could hook up leafblowers to make his car have more power.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I should add and also run it like that constantly.

#29 ·
How bout we solve this real quick, not trying to be a dick but if any one has negative feedback about others car keep to yourself unless it's positive feedback.

Ycotm /Q /Y is not about neither performance or visual modification's, it's more about what the voter's like and or prefer out of the following contestants. There's no need to bash eachother or the contestants car, there not you cars so no need for the negative remarks from any one toward the cars..you come to this thread for one thing and one thing only and that is to vote on which car you like out of the contestants and maybe give positive feedback on you vote. That's it, so if you don't have nice things/feedback to say about other contestants you didn't vote for, don't say it/keep it to yourself...

Keep it professional were trying to gain members not give em shit and send em out the door feeling bad and they don't come back cause you or any one else decides to give negative feedback toward there hardwork they did to there car or attempting to start the hardworking goals on there car...

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Well he wasn't the sharpest tool in that shed.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

You can edit your own posts. I'm not saying you have to agree with me I completely agree with you on liking bankers car. It's amazing lol. But all contestants put a lot of work into their car and they deserve some respect

2005 cobalt base model coupe
And no you can not edit your own post on this thread unless your a mod..believe me I know...

#31 ·
Ycotm /Q /Y is not about neither performance or visual modification's
Yes it is, you are right on the rest though.

You guys really cant edit your own post in here? Can some non mods try so i can bring this up to Levee

#35 ·
buuuurrrmp

#36 ·
wow that esculated quickly and way farther than it should have.
People can vote for who they want.
I voted for banker & Stephy because of the accomplishments they have acheived.
They've both done way more than I would ever do with my car, and for that, I applaud.
High five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.