Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m cheap, and wanted cheap noise. So I bought that really cheap hundred dollar intake that you can get off eBay or Amazon. Notice that it doesn’t have secondary air injection, and it’s only made for the cobalts they were made without air injection. Then I realize the only intake that excepts that is the $600 K&N one. So I just said effort, and I ripped out the air injection hose and installed the intake without a second thought. Sometime goes by and I love the intake, make some great sound. But PO4 11 is coming up. So me and my buddy went to Lowe’s got some tubing and teed off the intake hoses. So there’s one T going into the intake, one T going into the secondary tube, and once he going directly into the valve. So there’s one T going into the intake, one T going into the secondary tube, and once he going directly into the valve. Drove home and everything seemed fine, my mpg went up slightly (it went from 22 to 16 and now it’s almost at 19). Then P 0411 came back again, I desperately need help to fix this since I have emissions soon and I’m too broke to be burning this much gas. Oh and before you say just put the stock intake on, I already got rid of it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, you CAN save it. But you removed parts that the computer wants to be there. There is no getting around that. You can sometimes "fool" the computer but in this case I don't know how. As for a "cold air intake"- there has not been a hot air intake since the last carbureted engine was produced around 1989. Every fuel injected engine is a cold air intake. There is an intake air temperature sensor that tells the computer what the incoming air temperature is and the computer adjusts things accordingly. So you fell for the hype and wasted money on parts that are now causing a CEL situation. FWIW you are not alone. Also, our two Cobalts are bone stock and get 30mpg all day long. So I would advise tracking down the stock parts and fixing the problem the right way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts