Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first huge horsepower car that ran for about a year. On the track with Nevada SCCA courses at Sam Boyd Stadium and Pahrump Speedway, this thing ran like a champ. I had Mental Addiction Motorsports (Bo who built it) build the engine all the way up to handle and pull for this type of racing. At the Las Vegas Motorspeedway dragstrip, ran a 12.82 E.T. with trap speed of 129MPH, not a bad car, but blew the block later on from a wastegate actuator leak that ran the car @ 26 PSi boost. People's Mazda dealership were amazed at how I blew it on cylinder 3 leaning out.

Here is a few pics of it:

Sorry for the small pictures, but this was taken in 2004. Nevada's fastest protege.

Here is the mod list to run 286whp/242lbs tq:
ARP head studs, factorX engineering intercooler and 2.5" hardpipes, Mustang Cobra MAF, RC Engineering 550cc injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, megan racing fuel pressure regulator, AEM Engine Management System, Venom fuel rail, ported intake manifold and cylinder heads, Wiseco 8.0:1 forged dish pistons, eagle crankshaft, mazda 6 2.3L connecting rods, Wiseco oil rings, racing beat stage 2 camshafts, AEM tru-time cam gears, Mazda Familia harmonic balancer, Garrett T-28RS turbo, HKS wastegate actuator, HKS fuel cut defender, upgraded valve springs and lifters (forgot who made them), Mental Addiction 3" turbo back exhaust system and tubular header, Apex-i Turbo N-1 muffler, JT Autostyle stabalizers, Wings West carbon fiber eyebrows, Carbon Creations front wind splitter, RGM carbon fiber rear diffuser, Tein Basics dampner coil over system, Stop tech slotted 12.2" front, 10.9" rear rotors, Hawk FP pads all around, Momo shift knob, fidanza short shifter, fidanza 10lb flywheel, ACT Stage 3 clutch, Phantom Grip LSD, Energy Suspension motor mounts, Progress 28mm front and 25mm rear sway bar, moog end link bushings, Blitz SSBC-1 boost controller, Apex-i Turbo Timer, Apex-i AVC-R, Autometer dual gauge pod, Autometer air/fuel sport comp gauge, Autometer Boost sport comp gauge, Autometer mechanical oil-pressure gauge (mounted below stereo), Audiobahn 12" competition 800watt subwoofer, kenwood 100X4 amp, Planet Audio 600watt Mono-D class amp, Kenwood 6.5"3 ways door and rears, kenwood 45X4 CD player/Mp3 disc, rockford fosgate .5 farad cap, and a few other goodies.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Nice! Get a sc or tc on your car and you will be able to get more out of it. or just get an ss/tc and a tune and push over 300whp. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.