Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the story. I went to home depot the other night. Before I got there I stopped off to eat at wendy's. When I left I started the cobalt and sitting next to me in the parking lot was a guy I would say maybe 20 in a Tiburon GT. It appeared stock to me. Lets face a simple truth the Tib GT is a pretty quick car for the money. And it is undoubtedly faster than my cobalt ls. The only mod I have performance wise on the car is my gmpp touring exhaust. But when you start it up it has a nice growl to it and it was louder than his tib. So I pulled out of wendy's to the first light in a series of lights that I would say range around 1/4 of a mile in distance give or take. So,the light turned green and I proceeded on. Now I'm going to tell you about these lights. first off it's a four lane and I hate these lights, if you are in a hurry to get somewhere you don't go this way. They are spaced just far enough apart you hit red lights the whole way through. Anyway got to the next light and again red.. So, here comes Tiburon kid
and he pulls up next to me at the light. I knew what he was there for. He kept inching ahead and when the light changed he punched it. I left just as I usually do a little heavy on the throttle but nothing extreme. So, he beat me to the next light woopty doo. This was part of my plan. Once again we are side by side and he was in the passing lane the whole time. He starts inching forward again. I popped it in nuetral and gave the trottle a few shots. Now, he thinks I'm gonna race.LOL. I put it in Drive and the light turned green. He takes off again. I pull out normal again.haha. Damn he beat me to the next light again. So now he's sure I'm not going to race. We are now sitting at the next light and here's where it gets tricky. I'm pretending to to play with my radio but really watching him and the light. The light turned green and I floored it. He had no time to recover by the time he realized what was going on it was too late. I beat him to the next light by like half a car lenght. HAHAhaha, Which was the turn for home depot. So, I turned off and avoided the ass whoopin' I was about to recieve from his car. That's how you beat a faster car. I did the same thing about 6 years ago in my geo prism to a guy in a camaro.. Now that had to be embarrasing... Anyway, I thought you all would enjoy the story. And yes my cobalt is an automatic....I have crappy credit and GMAC said they could get me in a cobalt. I had 2 to choose from and they were the identical car both 07' left overs victory red, grey interior, coupe, and automatic. So, Please cut me some slack LOL.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey man...I have a base model and dont race because of that..Ill give ya all the slack you need.....lol

By the way, great story..Wish I could have seen it...lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you can't beat em' out smart em. LOL. Oh and so everyone knows. The streets were empty except for one car behind us. Please, if your gonna mess around on the streets do it responsibly.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My father in law told me a piece of advise and I will pass it on to you...

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bullsh*t."

I follow that at work everyday and it works great...lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My father in law told me a piece of advise and I will pass it on to you...

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bullsh*t."

I follow that at work everyday and it works great...lol
That's a great quote. I really like that..

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
17???? No way for a coupe 5-spd? Maybe an auto sedan.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hmmm I need to run my car at the track to see what it runs. i'm interested to see now big time. I think I would be in the mid 15's possibly.

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's not racing, or a win if both people don't realize it's racing from the start.

Gibby I bet you'd go high 15s with your mounts. Sadly I've seen a lot more 2.2 Cobalts running 17s then 15s at the track.

M

·
0 Posts
im half tempted to take my auto to the track, just to see what i can get it to run

·
Registered
575 Posts
What was that about? Did I say that was extremely fast? Nooo I didn't. I simply stated I might be in the mid 15's which is not bad for a L61 with no power adders.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would like to take my auto to the track but I couldn't take all of the laughter LOL. Anyway his car was faster than mine. He definetly had a stick and I have an auto. Even throwing him off he was catching me and if the light was a little further away he would have beat me.

M

·
0 Posts
What was that about? Did I say that was extremely fast? Nooo I didn't. I simply stated I might be in the mid 15's which is not bad for a L61 with no power adders.
it was just a general wow...as in...i wouldnt expect the balt to run 15s

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
not bad, would not say anyone won. Both have to know its going to happen for it to be a real win. I like to do that in my SS, I get alot of people trying to get me to run, I kinda act like I am going to but never do anything, find it much more pleasing than beating something that is definitely not as fast. Is occasions though you just gotta put them in their place.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i've raced a tibby GT, they pull away in the higher end. 0-60 is almost matched though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.