Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean the title says it all. Im doing rockers on my brothers 05 pursuit and the evap line that goes to the canister is rusted right out. Quite frankly, I don't want to splash out for a preformed line or mess with making my own replacement. The engine and the canister side is fine, so I could clamp to it with no issues. i got the car for free, so if theres a time to cut corners and save cash this is gonna be it. Can i just replace it with rubber fuel line sold by the foot? I cant see it being an issue but hey, maybe someone here has experience or advice? The supply line was already replaced with plastic? line by the previous owner's mechanic front to back and the car ran fine, no issues.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did on my Jeep. I was getting a gross evap leak code forever. I finally narrowed it down to a steel evap line that looked like it was in salt water for years. The rest of the line was plastic so why the short run of steel?!? I used some fuel/vapor hose and the only problem was adapting the fittings at each end. No more code.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did on my Jeep. I was getting a gross evap leak code forever. I finally narrowed it down to a steel evap line that looked like it was in salt water for years. The rest of the line was plastic so why the short run of steel?!? I used some fuel/vapor hose and the only problem was adapting the fittings at each end. No more code.
Sweet- thanks man! Like I said the steel is fine probably up to the canister and the engine like I said- probably at least 1 foot or more from each so I’ll just section it in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts