Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Cobalt, base model, no Onstar or steering controls, 24 pin single connector for stock stereo - Is it plug and play to swap in an upgraded stock unit from an 05-06 with the same 24 pin connector?

I've seen 05-06 models in the Cobalt/Pursuit G5 that are MP3 capable with the 3.5 input jack that I'd like to swap in.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't think any 05-06 came with 3.5mm jacks but I know you can buy modified unlocked radios on-line. Just be careful and read details...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same question here. I've been searching high and low for the answer. I just bought a 2006 Cobalt and it has the lame base radio with no Aux input. I have seen the same units your talking about in later model Cobalt's and Pontiac G5 on Ebay and was wondering if a swap would work. From what I've heard, if it's correct is it will, but needs programming from the dealer. A friend told me there are other options to add an ipod or aux adapter but it consist of tapping into factory wire harness.....which I would assume a low quality outcome. Good luck in your search. Let me know if you do the swap and it works, I would like to do it also. :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.