Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So the other day my woman and I bought new front speakers for her 05 Cobalt LS. Upon removing the door panel, i found a power door lock actuator mounted to the door. This car didn't come with any power options. Except for the power trunk button. I have researched online and cant find anyone else who had them in their car. Any info on that? They are wired up and everything...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The 05 LS was the options model for that year, you should have power everything. Do you have window cranks?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
That is very strange. If you have the actuators then you should have the wire bundle, correct?

I cant say I've seen an 05 LS that doesn't have power something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea there are orange and green wires running to it. I'm lost lol. Unless when you unlock the door with the key, you turn it again to unlock the other door. But I don't think this Cobalt has that option.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might be aftermarket remote locks....

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
One push should be just driver door, second push should get passanger. You would have this bundle of wires if you had electric powered windows, doors and mirrors. The middle one is the doors.

yup, could be aftermarket too.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check RPO list in the trunk under the mat for one of these 2 codes

AU0 Lock Control, Entry, Remote Entry
AU3 Lock Control, Side DR, ELEC

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

If you have one of these codes all you need is to get a 22733523 FOB and get your car programmed to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would this be for the system that locks the doors when the car is taken out of park? That would explain why there are no buttons, but it seems strange they would have an actuator in there and not just put buttons on it as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.