Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my problem. my sisters 05 LT, purchased in USA and transferred to canada. tops out at around 200. Ive tested it.

my 05 LS, tops at around 160- stupid govenor.

is it possible to change some things around :evil: without anyone knowing because i dont want to pay a fortune to just remove the govenor.

P.S. i dont normally drive 200, and the few times in the 4 years I have, it was only on a county road bright sunny day. I want to just be able to say ive done it on my balt. not 160 and slam!!!cutoff.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEHE speedo tops out at 200 on ours :(

i wonder how fast they can actually get with a full bolt on. and tune. probably another 20km/hr huh?

thanks for answering my question btw :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
HEHE speedo tops out at 200 on ours :(

i wonder how fast they can actually get with a full bolt on. and tune. probably another 20km/hr huh?

thanks for answering my question btw :D
Our car is factored locked at 160 km/h (I think), mine is somehow unlocked haha. And I don't really know how top speed can be with tune and full bolt-on. I could have go higher but 210 km/h is God damn pretty fast, you got to zigzag between other car and that begin to be dangerous for me and others. I've done it once and I won't do it again. Life is too beautiful to be screwed up by my little teenager crazy shit hahah

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you know somebody that has a Tech2 he can remove the limiter. A dealer can't unless your tires are Z rated. Be responsible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.