Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandmother's 06 started leaking fuel. I pulled the tank out and found a hole in this connector but cant figure out what the exact name of the part is called to replace it. Could anyone help? Also, would this cause a leak and if so from where, I suppose this hose leaking air is causing an issue with the vent valve staying closed thus pressurizing the fuel tank and causing a leak at one of the weak spots around the fuel pump seal or something?

·
Registered
565 Posts
While that is a good possibility since it’s got an obvious hole, the fuel filler neck on the tank that the large hose that connects the tank to the filler cap is a big problem. Actually a well known problem and many tanks were replaced under warranty because they’d break where they’re bonded together. Unfortunately GM doesn’t fix these for free any longer. Hopefully that’s not the case.

The vent hose should still be available. I would first check with the dealership since that seems to be the only place that carries it. I don’t see it available aftermarket. Or you could go pull one at the junkyard. Then again it GM may have already discontinued the part. It’s already difficult to get a fuel tank for these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was exactly what I thought it was. I do appreciate the info though :). Perhaps this can help someone else with a similar issue. The plastic fuel line coming off the pump snapped right at the pump.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well thank god for that one. In my early years as a mechanic, I’ll admit I’ve damaged a couple of Ford and GM fuel line that were already very brittle. And over the years I’ve found a lot of repairs come in because someone was inexperienced and broke a fuel or emission hose or line of similar construction. Dorman makes so many replacement parts like the lines, but not for all vehicles. Some can be fabricated with universal repair pieces, which I’ve had to use. Don’t like to use them if I don’t have to though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts