Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm posting here after having already spent hours googling and pulling my hair out over this car, I'm hopeful that someone can provide some ideas.

Basically my car hasn't started in a few months and initially I was told it was the starter, so I replaced that and it still didn't start. I haven't had the extra cash to have it looked at until recently, which brings us to the most recent problem(s). My battery is disconnected and sitting in my trunk because my stepdad took it and had it tested and didn't reconnect. My key is stuck in the ignition obviously because there is no battery connected. I have a spare key but for whatever reason it is not opening my trunk. I am having my car towed to the mechanic this week but I can not get the car into neutral in order to do so.

I somehow need to either get my key out of the ignition so I can get my trunk open and reconnect the battery or find another way to move the gear to neutral.

Thanks in advance, I greatly appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
there should be a little cover on the bottom of the steering wheel that pops out with a button inside there to release the key, not sure if it works or not without power though. other than that, you could try hooking jumper cables or a charger to the jump post under the hood, should at least make it so you can pop the trunk or put it in neutral

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
The key release should work without power - it's a spring release that counteracts the ignition cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Eh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.